Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They're Magically Delicious

Go down 
+15
kimba
2shay
ferdy
Greencat
VikingDame
44surf
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
amckuen
Doppleganger
Starbrites
gracious-plenty
uapeople
Dragonlady
sabby
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Starbrites

Starbrites

They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:06 am

Yes it is Dopple! A great Gin and Owen moment. Thanks! It really is one of my favorite backgrounds.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:10 pm

Finished and in my opinion it was the best of the series. I loved it.

star star By A Thread star star

The second half of the book was just amazing. The fight scene between Gin and the Vamp was great and the best part was the vamps wife coming to help Gin kill him. So great!

I was really surprised with Bria sticking up for Gin to Donovan. With the way she felt I did not see her giving Donovan a speech on how he was behaving. When Donovan busted into the house after all the shit Gin had went threw and blamed her for Callie being kidnapped was another classic ASSHOLE move on his part.

I think the best part of the book was Gin getting her closure with Donovan. First when she walked out of that house and he saw her and she saw how he felt. Nope no disgust on his face this time. When he smiled and held out his hand to her and she new if she took it they could be with each other again but I was so glad she walked right past him and staright into Owen's arms. Fantastic! He later admits to wanting her, that he has always wanted her but instead she punches him in his stomach and tells him just how she feels and how he made her feel when he walked away from her. I was just so damn happy she finally got that closure from him.

The last thing was her sister finally acknowleding she's been treating Gin awful. The closure to there situation was long time coming and it will be nice for Gin to not have to worry about how her sister feels about her.

I really did love this book. Maybe it was all the closure she finally got or the fact there was hardly any info dumps this time around or that it was just a damn good book, I don't know but to me it was the best in the series and I cannot wait for the next one although after reading the description on Amazon I am a little nervous. I really don't want to see Gin and Owen having any issues. If something happens to there relationship I will be pissed off. But there's many months to wait for the next book so I wont get worked up about it just yet. smile
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:37 am

starbrites wrote:
star star BAT star star

First~ Why in the hell should Gin feel so bad about the shit that happened to Bria? She didn't do those things to her. Bria has just been pissing me off left and right threw this first half of the book. She has all these anger issues towards Gin but come on, Gin has done nothing but try to love and protect her sister sense she found out who she was. I think she deserves a little love and faith back in return.

Second~ Donovan Caine! Still and asshole. He needs to just get over his issues already.

Third~ Owen is fantastic as always.

Fourth~ Finn just cracks me right up. Everytime he said "Awkward" I had to laugh and then laugh even more when he would get kicked.

So back to Bria again. Why in the hell is Bria so against Gin and what she does when her boyfriend is Gin's right hand man. Can you say hypocrite?

I don't think I have ever seen Gin so down when it comes to her emotions. Bria and Donovan have really messed with her. It's wrong that they look at her like she is trash and with disgust. Gin has saved both of there lives and you would think they could be atleast grateful to her..

THIS!! Bria and Donovan are the worst..they're such hypocrites! And I was also kind of annoyed with Gin for taking all their BS for so long. I did like this installment overall but I didn't think there was much character growth for any of the characters, unless you count Bria and Donovon finally getting the stick out of their arses. Donovon is a douche, looking down at Gin, refusing her help and then being a hypocrite and whining that she didn't help him. The resolution with Donovon was quite good but for me it was a case of too little too late.
Then we have Bria - the sanctimonius, cold, hypocrital bitch. I HATE Mad Bria, I would have preferred if she had died with the rest of Gin's family. She is constantly putting Gin down and judging her for being an assassin but then she has the nerve to blame Gin for not managing to kill Mab sooner!! I mean WTF!! Just because Bria was tortured by Mab that makes her magically a-ok with Gin killing Mab but when other people's lives are at stake she suddenly cares about the law and makes Gin feel like s**t for wanting to kill the bad guys..so basically it's one rule for Bria and another for everyone else. Bria expects Gin to risk her life for her and everyone else but she still acts ungrateful and disgusted by Gin. I really wanted Gin to just walk away from Bria and just let Bria save herself. I don't know why Bria's ok dating Finn who 1) is involved in all sorts of illegal activities 2) has killed loads of people 3) is Gin's partner on her assassinations!!! IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!
I don't know what Finn sees in Bria - she's the worst and she's ruined Finn's character. I was confused scratch as to why Finn didn't appear to stick up for Gin or even give Bria a piece of his mind poke for treating Gin so poorly.
Gin was quite annoying - I hate when the heroine blames herself for every little thing when their clearly not to blame! I hate when the heroine feels responsible for everyone and their mother! I hate when the heroine sacrifices herself and acts like an effing martyr! I hate when the heroine thinks they're not worthy of anyone! I hate when the heroine doesn't stick up for herself! I hate when the heroine forgives and forgets so easily! COME ON GIN - get an effing backbone, stop being a martyr and think about yourself!!

I'm glad the whole donovan chapter is closed. I can't stand Bria..I wish she'd go away and leave Finn alone. I love yummy Owen..I'll be pissed if J.estep ruins Owen for me in the next book..I don't want Owen to have any lingering feelings for his ex and I don't want him to take his ex's side over Gin!!

P.S I really wish Bria would DIE - Worst Character Ever!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:38 pm

Damn ferdy, I don't think I would like to meet you in a dark alley! smile
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 6:07 pm

starbrites wrote:
Damn ferdy, I don't think I would like to meet you in a dark alley! smile

LOL..I'm not usually quite so passionate but Bria just gets under my skin..I guess it's because I feel protective of Gin:)
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:26 pm

spoilers BaT spoilers

So I really enjoyed this book as well; although its not my favorite because of the above reasons SB and Ferdy mention. I didnt have as much issue with the constant info dumps but its because I've read this series as the books came out so that helps, but I know they are excessive and can see why people have been annoyed. Fortunately because its mostly in a new location the infodumps were there but shortened and they were different infodumps!!

So good first I LOVE OWEN!!! heart yummy in love not worthy He is so fantastic and this book showed that even more compared to dickhead Donavan!! And of course the Devereux sisters and dear Finn were great as always!! The baddie was a sick bastard and the overall storyline was great.

So for the bad: Bria was ridiculously annoying as stated above; she's with a white collar sharp shooting criminal so wtf . And hello Mab was going after Bria to begin with before she realized the Spider was the Snow daughter she was after; so hello Bria would've been dead either way; was NOT Gin's fault!!! But worst of all Ferdy nailed it for me I was even more annoyed at Gin or better yet at JE for ruining why I fell in love for Gin in the first place. A no holds barred, unapologetic bad ass assasin!!! I loved her character in the first book and ok Donavan followed by than Brea has made her doubt herself or what not but Jesus. Really it is now her job to SAVE everybody and their mother. Fine I'll take that we need action but FUCK dont feel guilty when she cant. It just got annoying.
So hopefully with these issues with Donavan and Brea behind her will get some balance back. And I second the vote if JE messes with Owen I'm gonna have to poke Owen kung fu her ass!! Gin Blano
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Read Dark Descendant by Jenna Black for my local bookclub and I was pleasantly surprised.
I love all the mythology in it. (The Descendants are the children of gods, as in Artemis, Zeus, Loki, etc.) I'm a big fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon too, partially because of the mythology.
So if you guys know of any other books that feature Greek gods/goddesses please share! I'm kinda into that at the moment. Wink
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 8:32 pm

The Lords Of The Underworld books by Gena Showalter. The series gets significantly better as it progresses, but it's never the best thing out there.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:33 pm

confused Thanks Fae!
How could I forget those? I read the first one and enjoyed it - might be time to break out #2.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 3:49 pm

I'm finally read this! I saw the Trent and Rachel comment and I'm not liking that!!
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:49 pm

Has anyone read Sacrificia Magic yet?? I finished it today and it's the best one yet..I loved it!!

star Sacrificial Magic star

Chess is still as effed up as ever, she does a lot of stupid things Mad albeit mostly unintentionally. We really get insight into Chess's psyche - she's an addict, an emotional wreck and she sabotages herself repeatedly because she doesn't feel like she' s worthy of love. Even though she's a mess I still couldn't help rooting for her and feeling protective of her. Her cluelessness and insecurities about being in a relationship were completely understandable, considering her past. The lack of trust and reluctance to show vulnerabitity is something most people experience, Chess experiences it more so than others and it almost causes her to nearly lose Terrible bye . It was sad to see the brief glimpses of Chess's past and I could completely understand why she was an addict Sad ..God knows anyone would be after everything she had to endure.
There's not much Terrible wouldn't do for Chess..he pretty much worships the ground she walks on not worthy but he'll still sticks up for himself and doesn't take Chess crap lying down.
Even though I was happy to see Chess and Terrible together, I was still a bot worried. I didn't want them to become boring or lose their chemistry, like quite a few couples in other UF/PNR have done. Fortunately Chess and Terrible are still as hot and compelling in love. Cherrible are the best heart , it's obvious to everyone but themselves how much they love one another.
The argument scene in the middle of the book..wow, it was intense, that scene had me on the verge of crying, I can't remember the last time I felt that emotional when reading. They are one of my Top 5 couples/ships in a UF/PNR series, along with Barrons& Mac, Curran&Kate, Charley&Reyes and Cassie&Pritkin.
The side characters were cool - Lex, Blue and Elder Griffin are just great. I'm looking forward to seeing how Lex handles his new role and how it'll affect his realtionship with Chess. I loved the addition of Blue, she seemed lonely and it looked like she was reaching out to Chess. I hope Blue and Chess become BFF's..the banter and chemistry between them was fab and I think they both deserve a true friend. At one point, I actually thought Blue had a thing for Chess..I don't know why but I was actually disapponted to find out that this wasn't the case.
I can't wait for Chasing Magic..I need some Cherrible lovin yummy
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 10:19 am

I'm just at the part where Rachel is captured. I'm seriously annoyed with her. Like I get every book with her blatant disregard for general safety. That entire situation was stupid IMO. There is no way EVERYONE that was in on that was so stupid as to think it would be that easy. Or if they sat outside nobody would notice. Nobody was waiting outside with any of those agencies??? Really? Why did so many people touch that crazy blond witch after they saw what happened to Glenn? confused I just don't believe all those people are that stupid.

Rachel is soooooo stubborn. I want to smack her!!!! She thought she was going to get through all this with no magic and a splat gun??? GRRRRRRR......I'm so annoyed I have to take a break! cussing
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:32 am

So is this the thread where I say I just inhaled Magic without Mercy and LOVED every minute of it? smile

Last edited by starbrites on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:15 am

Woo-hoo! I'm starting Magic without Mercy tonight! I've been so twitchy since the last one.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:53 am

Crap! This one sort of snuck up on me. I am going to ignore this thread. Or more likely read it through my fingers as though that will somehow save me.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 11:50 am

I'm starting this tonight too!!!!!! Starbrites said it was excellent with a warning not to throw Nook or Kindle at some point in the story. I'm a little scared! it\'s so horrible
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 1:20 pm

showmethelove wrote:
I'm starting this tonight too!!!!!! Starbrites said it was excellent with a warning not to throw Nook or Kindle at some point in the story. I'm a little scared! it\'s so horrible

This warning is critical! It's close to the end of the book and that's all I will say for now but whatever you do don't stop reading.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:16 am

I just finished Sacrificial Magic By Stacia Kane.
star star star
I'm still coming down a bit from this book. I love this series and the world Kane creates. It's so unique and interesting. I'm glad Lex is still around and significant. I really like his character and I found Blue really interesting too especially after she defrosted a bit.

I hope that Chess has somehow resolved herself to truly believe and trust in her relationship with Terrible after this book. I may have had my fill of second guessing and skepticism towards her relationship with Terrible. I mean Chess doesn't have to be a different character in the next book, but I'm not sure if I could take it as a major plot point again. Anywho, I really did enjoy this book and I love Terrible. heart
Does anyone know how many books Kane has planned?
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:29 am

calimama wrote:
I just finished Sacrificial Magic By Stacia Kane.
star star star
I'm still coming down a bit from this book. I love this series and the world Kane creates. It's so unique and interesting. I'm glad Lex is still around and significant. I really like his character and I found Blue really interesting too especially after she defrosted a bit.

I hope that Chess has somehow resolved herself to truly believe and trust in her relationship with Terrible after this book. I may have had my fill of second guessing and skepticism towards her relationship with Terrible. I mean Chess doesn't have to be a different character in the next book, but I'm not sure if I could take it as a major plot point again. Anywho, I really did enjoy this book and I love Terrible. heart
Does anyone know how many books Kane has planned?

I don't mind Terrible and Chess angst as long as it's not the same things that's causing the angst..like Chess being insecure about the relationship. I think the next book they'll be some angst because of Chess's friendship with Lex. There's a 6th book contracted - Chasing Magic and a novella Finding Magic I think. Stacia wrote on goodreads that a 7th and 8th book will only be published depending on the sale of 5th and 6th book.. so fingers crossed.

star Magic Without Mercy star

I'm 2/3rds of the way through the book and I'm not enjoying it as much as Magic on the Line..it justs seems to be the same stuff happening..Allie and co investigate something or other..they fight the Veiled.. someone gets hurts..they run away form bad guys..rinse and repeat. And I really don't know why everyone seems to be letting Allie take charge when up until a few months ago she was new to the Authority..it just doesn't ring true. There's so many unanswered Q's and there's no answers in sight..with only 1 book left I'm seriously skeptical that all the unanswered Q's will be addressed in a satisfying way.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:39 pm

I loved it. Yes, Rachel was frustratingly stubborn! And unthinking, lol. But what's different, lol. She seemed to have a couple of epiphanies. Here's hoping the stick. I definitely think (hope) this book was a set up for Rachel/Trent. I didn't like Trent at all to begin with, but I love how Kim Harrison is unveiling him layer by layer. Now I really want him to be Rachel's HEA. Annoyed that Glenn's leaving. Poor Ivy Sad It'll be interesting to see how the demise of the ever-after is remedied.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 10:29 pm

It was good. I really like where her and Trent are headed even if I'm tired of waiting. I'm sad about Glenn too. I wonder if they messed with his mind or something. Poor Ivy Sad Yes! I'm hoping we get some more time in the ever-after in the next book. I love Newt! She freaks me out! So the next book should be Trent and Rachel heart and back to the ever-after! cheers
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:33 am

I'm hoping for more Al time in next book. He was dearly missed by this gal Wink
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 8:51 pm

Newt is Scary! I love that about her, lol
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:33 pm

star Magic without Mercy star

Finished it last night. I enjoyed all the page time Shame and Terric got. Things got interesting in their development as soul compliments, and yes I might have yelled Nooooo! at my Kindle a few times at the end. Might have gotten seriously pissed at Daniel too - the bastard messed with Stone! I don't think there's anything he can do to redeem himself in my eyes.

Is there really only one book left in this series? WTH? The only way I can see Monk wrapping up this series in a single book is to make it super long. There's so much left to wrap up.

Like you said, ferdy, I felt like not enough was answered in this one. Someday if I ever reread the series, I can probably safely skip this one. The situation at the end of the novel is not very different from the situation at the beginning.

I also didn't buy why Allie was the default leader when they don't trust the dead guy in her head, ferdy. It wasn't made clear to me why they all looked to her.
I also never understood why they were so determined to sample and test the magic when they didn't know *how* they were going to test it or *what* they would do with the conclusions. Let's risk our lives to get samples and then totally waste the effort by winging the experiments and screwing up! That really bugged the nerd in me.
I could have lived with that if I found out how it all worked out, but I was left hanging at the end. Sad

Overall it was a good book, but my expectations were high and it didn't measure up to them. I rated it 3 out of 5 stars on goodreads. I think all the others in this series got 5 stars from me.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:07 am

I just Magic Without Mercy last night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They're Magically Delicious
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: