Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They're Magically Delicious

Go down 
+15
kimba
2shay
ferdy
Greencat
VikingDame
44surf
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
amckuen
Doppleganger
Starbrites
gracious-plenty
uapeople
Dragonlady
sabby
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
uapeople

uapeople

They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:54 am

Oh you will....
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:21 pm

Ok, so these books have been taunting me. If I would have just returned them to the library once I decided not to read them anymore I would have been just fine but there they sit in open view for me to look at everyday and now I think I am going to slowly try them again. I still had my place bookmarked from where I was going to stop so I will pick it back up from there. I can read more then 1 series at a time so it should be all good. smile
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:47 am

80% in to Fate's Edge and I'm still guessing about the kleptomania! It's killing me! I also don't remember Kaldar being so dashing in Bayou Moon, but he's absolutely charming. Audrey doesn't stand a chance.

Jack, George, and Gaston are awesome. They are going to be in sooooo much trouble with Rose and Declan!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:26 am

Crap I said Olivia instead of Rose....Poopsy...boy I'm bad with names. I don;t remember if you get a full fledged reason for his klepto habit but you will get a little one...

Yeah I didn't remember Kaldar that much either except thinking...well here's a candidate for the next book.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 9:07 pm

star Fate's Edge star

I did get the little reason, but I didn't believe it! LOL I was holding out for a magical reason for the kleptomania. Guess Kaldar has a touch of non-magical neuroses, along with his magical quirks. Kinda anticlimatic for me.

My only complaint was that I kept getting mixed up between Karmash (baddie) and Kaldar (our hero). The names were just similar enough to screw me up for the first half of the book.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:18 am

I hate when there are two names just close enough to mess with your head. There were a few series like that for me. At the moment I can't remember which though....see my crappy short term memory. As for the klepto...I think it is more the challenge of stealing a putting back and the possibility of getting caught...and boredom for him...or maybe keeping him in practice.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:33 am

It is annoying, isn't it? The worst is Sherrilyn Kenyon's Jared and Jaden. I cannot keep them straight.

If you read Stacia Kane's Downside Ghosts series, you need to read Home:
Home by Stacia Kane <------------Click Here

Chess and Terrible are so good together. yummy
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 6:39 pm

I liked Jaden.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Tomorrow! A Perfect Blood releases tomorrow!
very happy

I'm so excited about this one, I may even cheat on Fiery Cross to read it. I don't have the self-control to wait. I was going to reread Pale Demon, but (and this is pretty cocky of me) I think I remember it well enough. I guess i'l find out - whee!

This is bugging me: Which Clint Eastwood western is 'A Perfect Blood' a play on? I don't know this one.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Having looked at Eastwood's filmography on Wikipedia I think it's for A Perfect World.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Perfect_World
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:11 pm

I don't recognize that one at all. Westerns were never my thing though.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:26 pm

I'm not much of a western fan either, nor am I a Kevin Costner fan. I've never seen it.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Well it is the tenth book in the Hollows series. At some point, Harrison is going to have to start digging into Clint Eastwood movies that aren't Western movie icons. Assuming that such a thing exists.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Will she use Gran Torino or Million Dollar Baby I wonder? Mystic River? He's made a lot of movies!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 am

So who's starting today?? excited I will this evening. I only have a few chapters of TGDA left.
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:18 am

Are we going to have another group read? excited
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm getting it from the library. Sorry. Sad
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:45 pm

well tongue on you Andy...roflmao
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:13 pm

It is expensive for an ebook. I don't pay more than $10 fir many ebooks (most that I buy are significantly cheaper), and I'm only doing it this time beause Pale Demon was so good.

Of course this sets up some high expectations, and i'll be pissed if Perfect Blood disappoints.
*crossing fingers*
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 2:29 pm

I'm having the same thoughts. Pale Demon was incredible! If A Perfect Blood disappoints it will be so very disappointing. But still, hardbacks are too expensive for me. I can't think of any that I'm willing to purchase this year. I will say this is the one I'm most tempted by. I think if I hadn't been disappointed in so many books last year it would be different. I'm still reluctant though. Even though PD didn't disappoint. Whatever. I'm confusing myself. LOL
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:10 pm

I had planned to get from library as well..... but I'm # 59?!?!?!?! cussing I dont think I can hold out!!! I'm thinking I might be visiting B&N couple times this week!!! Has anyone started yet??
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:05 am

I'm starting today Sabby. I can't help myself!! This is one of the most anticipated book releases for me this year.

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:11 am

59?!? I guess that's good for Ms. Harrison, but it sucks for everyone else! I hope the library has at least 20 copies.

I got through chapter 2 last night! twirling
So far, it's mostly intro stuff. A couple new characters are introduced, some reminders of Pale Demon are thrown in, and Rachel is pissing everyone off. Nothing big or spoilery until the very last page of chapter 2. smile You could read the first couple chapters on Kim Harrison's site to get a taste of it without spoiling much....but it would be a horrible tease.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:04 am

I'm not reading this. I'm covering my eyes and singing La La La. I'm not sure what good the singing will do. It's just extra protective measures I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They're Magically Delicious   They're Magically Delicious - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They're Magically Delicious
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: