Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***

Go down 
+7
showmethelove
2shay
Starbrites
Greencat
gracious-plenty
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
uapeople

uapeople

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:06 pm

From http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/highpriestess.shtml

"Once you have an idea, you also have decisions to make. The High Priestess holds scrolls of arcane information in her arms. In addition, the moon crown on her head as well as the crescent by her foot indicates her willingness to illuminate what you otherwise might not see about a job possibility, an investment, love, career, family, etc. But you need some alone time, some quiet time to meditate and reflect.

This is what the card is all about. Seated between two pillars as between two choices, the High Priestess is not about making a decision so much as holding decision-making at bay while you take time to listen to your inner voice. She wants you to gain knowledge before you act: instinctual knowledge, supernatural knowledge, secret knowledge, self-knowledge.

The High Priestess, however, goes beyond even that for those who seek more. Behind her throne is the curtain that leads to the deepest, most esoteric knowledge; the pomegranates that decorate it remind us of Persephone, who was taken down into the land of the dead, ate its fruit and became the only goddess allowed to travel to and from that strange land. The High Priestess is our guide to all that is mysterious and mystical.
"
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:09 pm

From http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/learn/meanings/knight-of-wands.shtml

"Knight of Wands

As Travel: An exciting trip, and likely a long one to an exotic place by motorcycle, car, bus or train.

As Change and Movement: Like the teen years, Knights are about maturing, changes, movement and the Knight of Wands would suggest things switching, moving, or changing rapidly. Energy, in particular, might go up or down dramatically. In the negative, there is a fighting atmosphere to this Knight, the time or environment may be electric with an almost sports-like desire to do battle, even when it might not be wise to do so. Changes won't be frightening, but they may seem wild and unexpected."
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Ok so the last reading King of Swords (which has the panther in the card at his feet) this is about motivation and solving problems and doing things better. Also called "the Judge" who is fair and patient but has his own strong beliefs (doesn't sound like Kem). The Page of pentacles (which has the vampire with the scroll) can either be a happy change in health or work OR new grow and steady development. The king of wands is planning a big trip, a new job, going into politics, make a big change...also very much about overthrowing old with new better ideas. Also known as "The Preacher". Queen of swords (woman with wildcat and yellow eyes- Jane?)...from what I gather is being a jack of all trade AND a master of them all. Just an innovator and sharer of knowledge. Uses tough love. Often others are threatened or intrigued by her. if it still remains that he is the Knight of Wands then he like above is changing and often violent and may go on an exotic trip (to Africa????). As for the upside down Knight of swords...I know it has to do with opposites when upside down...the card normally can be good or bad. It is about changes and dealing with them. In good there are problems and changes very quickly on the bad there is too much thinking. Could this mean not enough thinking occurs? Also the no cups I have no idea either.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Good stuff,Uap. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:42 am

There is a whole other reading...Major Arcana, Wheel of Fortune, The Hanged Man, Strength and the Tower. The wheel had pictures of animals including a wolf, a big black cat, a flying owl, an alligator, a spotted dog and a bear and a Devil around them made of parts of the animals (owl, wolf head, cloven feet). the Hanging man hung with full headdress and was previously tortured with a black leopard curled above sleeping and a small wolf at his feet salivating. (could this be Rick and the wolf-bitch at his feet and either Kem not caring or the panther chick dead so not helping or maybe it was jane alseep on her watch to save Rick in time....and it was the torture?). Strength depicts an angry mountain lion sitting on a dead vampire both with fangs bared and the lion scratching the air and screaming.(could this be the same time and Jane not thinking she could save Leo or something to come?). The Tower showed a fire with animals and people falling out of the tower inferno....Loriann (the witch) said "Animals. Vampires. Change everywhere....and...Your future is both set and undecided. there are two moments where you will be allowed to choose, and both moments will change the course of your future. One is now, with the blood and the tattoo that will bind you to Isleen. You may choose canines, equines or felines? Which do you desire" He blurts out cats which is shocking because he doesn't even like cats but loves dogs and horses. Then he finds out somehow he is Katie's descendant and isleen wanted the spell to use his bloodline to reek revenge on her.
Soooo....I guess the wolves or cats would be Jane/black panther or wolf taint....but what about horses...hmmmmm....wonder if we will ever know if if that will come to play....but i really think if we really analyzed there is some heavy foreshadowing in these passages....maybe some has happened or maybe it hasn't...as Ricky-Bo would say..."wanna play"...as in play with me in these hypotheses?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:52 am

wait one more thing- she says that as long as the spell isn't complete the gold (real gold) eyes won't glow on all 4 eyes (catch the light like gold jewelry) so why is it glowing now? is it because he's tainted with cat-were? And knowing my Diana Gabaldon I noticed the Gaelic type chant...in this case it was "blood to blood, flesh to flesh, soul to soul. these two are one. Time and time forever" in Jamie Fraser's it was "Ye are Blood of my Blood, and Bone of my Bone. I give ye my Body, that we Two might be One. I give ye my Spirit, 'til our Life shall be Done." See the similarity?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 10:58 am

You're dangerous to a plot, Uap! Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***   Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed  ***here there be some spoilers*** - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Teaser and ARC review thread for Raven Cursed ***here there be some spoilers***
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5