Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***

Go down 
+5
Doppleganger
Greencat
showmethelove
2shay
gracious-plenty
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Empty
PostSubject: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:49 am

This is the offical Spolier thread for Rachel's newest release Blood Bound.

Blood Bound is the first book in Rachel's new adult series UNBOUND.

Most can't touch the power. But Liv Warren is special— a paranormal tracker who follows the scent of blood.

Liv makes her own rules, and the most important one is trust no one.

But when her friend's daughter goes missing, Liv has no choice but to find the girl. Thanks to a childhood oath, Liv can't rest until the child is home safe. But that means trusting Cam Caballero, the former lover forbidden to her.

Bound by oath and lost in desire for a man she cannot have, Liv is racing to save the child from a dark criminal underworld where secrets, lies, trauma and danger lurk around every corner…every touch…every kiss.

And more blood will be spilled before it's over…

PLEASE REMEMBER TO USE star spoilers when discussing anything spoilerish to avoid having your post edited or deleted.

Thanks everyone and happy reading. Don't forget that RV will be joining us in a few weeks for a live chat. cheers

G-P, and the mod squad
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:30 am

star Blood Bound star

Am I the first one to finish this book? Crap. Okay. Truth. Always the truth for my purlys. I love the story. It was totally different. Great concept. I thought there was a major flaw, at least for me. I had a lot of trouble all through the book figuring out who's pov I was reading. I thought it was distracting. It was like being in the same head...the same voice. I was going back a few pages constantly to figure out who was "talking". Some of you...most of you...may not have a problem with that. I thought the ending was wtf After being told through the entire book that no one could escape Towers binding, Cavasos just bought Cam's contract? Acording to everything in the book Towere would have never stopped until Cam was dismembered and shot in the head. No one escaped! wtf Maybe she will have an explanation for that. Ruben paid a lot for Cam's contract, but there was no indication anywhere that Tower would have let any of his bond people go. He would have made an example of him.

All that having been said. This story is unique. Compelling. I love Cam and Liv. I hope that the problems I see are just the normal first book in a series stuff. Truly? My favorite character is Ruben Cavasos. He is an extraordinary asshole! One of the best bad guys I have ever read. You can just see enough potential for good in him here and there to think he might redeem himself at some point.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Shit Shay I want to read what's under those pretty star s. Lol

I will be reading this next actually. Once I'm don't with Succubus Revealed which should be tonight.
I wanted to be ultra fresh for the chat with Rachel, so my plan is to possibly start it thus weekend Wink
Glad to see that you loved the story. But I stopped after that comment. smile
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 7:42 pm

I got it! I don't know when I'll start it???? It's a long one, don't wait too long GP reading
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:18 pm

Maybe sooner than later. I finished SR... So what is a gal to reading
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:24 pm

I have started this one so I can get it under my belt before the chat. Taking me a little to get into it, and I struggle with the different pov's which change regularly. I get confused, I know by the end of the book it should be ok. I like how you get more of the story with the two pov's. Maybe I just need to stop complaining and read the rest of the book already. thinking
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:50 pm

I should be starting tomorrow evening GC, so I'm right behind you cheers
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:22 pm

Halfway through. Oh my is it now Thursday! I better hurry up!
I getting more into it now, that question are being explained more about the bindings etc.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Started it!!

star Chapters 1-3 star

She dumped him at a New Year's party? Just before midnight? Wow, that's COLD.
I didn't expect to get Cam's POV, and I like multiple POV stories. So that was a nice little surprise.

I'm wondering why Liv can't just agree to the favor and then throw a horrible favor back at Anne. Something morally repugnant, impossible, dangerous, illegal, or highly expensive. Or all of the above. That leads to an unspoken understanding that if Anne reconsiders the favor, then Liv will also.
Liv said there's a clause in the binding that disallows asking for the asker to not ask. (heh) But is there an anti-tit-for-tat clause?
Hopefully more will be explained about Bindings and The Skilled as I read on.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:38 pm

The bindings are pretty complicated. But a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 6:42 pm

The bindings are a unique concept. I don't think I've read about anything like that particular supernatural gift.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 7:44 pm

I'm starting tonight!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:46 pm

showme! cheers

star Chapters 1-3 star

Oh wait. Liv was talking to Noel at that party just before she broke up with Cam....I assume Noel is one of the girls that entered into the binding. Alrighty, my theory is that Noel made Liv agree to break up with Cam, and that she is somehow responsible for the death of Anne's husband. Noel has something against the rest of the group getting married.

It's a week theory, but it's probably the earliest I've ever formed one. Chapter 3!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 am

I started yesterday too. I'm into CH 3.

So far...really liking it
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:01 am

Yay! happy dance It's a group read par-tay!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:39 am

2shay wrote:
The bindings are pretty complicated. But a lot of fun.

Just a tad, love how they complicate things so much! I'm up to chapter 24. Where is everyone else at?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 9:02 am

I'm in chapter 6. Dying to know why Liv broke it off with Cam 6 years ago.
Ya, theres a baddie to pursue and a mystery about the murder. But I'm all about the relationship in this one.

Last edited by Doppleganger on Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : My neato swipe-typing mode replaced 'relationship' with 'turboprop'. Stupid smartphone.)
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:08 am

I'm feeling the same way Dopple and I really want to know too!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:56 am

Me too you guys and I'm only into chapter 4 excited

Love the group reading too. FLF It's been so long since we've done this. But where oh where is our Fae missing
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 10:56 am

omg showme.. I can't help always check'n out your avatar drool
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 11:54 am

I am very happy with my avatar too lol!! He's so SEXY in love

Oh....back to books smile Up to chapter 12 and I'm not happy Sad
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:14 pm

Aw man, I just got to the point where Liv is giving the Bindings 101 infodump, and my lunch hour is over.
Damn. Mad
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:32 pm

Damn you can't put shit like that Whit, I'm 8 chapters behind that
CRAP
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:44 pm

I can hear her evil laughter, gp. She's taunting us with her speedy reading.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 12:55 pm

muahahaha :laundrytime vaccum baby bedtime pray coffee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***   Blood Bound  ***SPOILERS THREAD*** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Bound ***SPOILERS THREAD***
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next