Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes

Go down 
+6
sabby
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
uapeople
Barbara
gracious-plenty
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Empty
PostSubject: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:47 am

Hi everyone Hi

We wanted to give everyone a heads up on some changes that will be happening soon to the site. Do to the ever-growing list of authors and topic threads, we're going to try and simplify the site and make it more organzied. FaeLadyFaye
So please be patient with us over the next week or two if you start to see things being moved around a bit. smile

G-P and the mods

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:50 am

Sounds like a treasure hunt smile
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 pm

While you are at it can you fix the misspelling of Diana Gabaldon (you have it as Gabaldan). It's been driving me cookooo...not that I wasn't already Wink
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:29 pm

Laughing
Done Uap!!!!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 3:55 pm

thanks! excited very happy
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 9:47 am

Ok Purlies!!!!

Today you will notice more changes. New categories will be created but for the time being will remain closed for posting until everything is situated. Thanks again for all your patience with this process. smile

G-P, FLF, Whit, Swede
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:41 am

Ok... The Dick Lit is now ready to roll!! All the previous author specific threads have been archived - there are simply so many authors to cover that we have decided to segregate them based on genre; however when a particular author is being featured for either a new release or a chat - then we can bring the thread back for the duration of "Featured Author". I know it all looks different, and will take some getting used to - so please feel free to comment. Things can always revert to the old set up, if you're not happy. All we ask is that you at least give it a whirl for a while.

G-P, Dopp, Fae, Showme and Swede
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:56 pm

star star star Forum Facelift star star star

Ok...As most have been able to see over the last week, the site has undergone some changes. In an effort to better the forum we decided to try and organize the threads/topics.

Now having said this, some topics have been archived and more are soon to follow. omg

omg you may say...lol

The individual author threads will now become a topic thread under their correct genre category and will no longer be visible from the main index page. Now some of us will be familiar with this method from other boards.
With certain new releases because of popularity, we will most likely create a new thread to avoid spoiler boo boos.
TBC....

As always thanks for all your patience while we try and better PURLS..

G-P, Fae, showme, Dopp & Swede FLF
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:08 am

Okay. Opinion time. I spent a bit of time yesterday on the new dick-lit thread. Ladies, I really love it. It is so hard to keep up with recommendations and I am delighted to see some of the better books in each sub-genre listed. I think this is a very, very good thing.

However, I just noticed this morning that some of the individual threads for some of our (MY) favorite m/ m authors have disappeared. Where is the individual thread for Josh Lanyon? I want Josh to always have his own thread. Ethan, too. We have some author threads with very, very few posts while Josh and Ethan can rival any author we follow for the number of posts to their threads. I know you have Ethan up now because he is coming for a chat, but what about after? If this is an Admin/Mod decision to drop the great m/m individual threads, so be it. I won't mention it again. But, I am stating without any reservation that I would rather have Josh, Ethan or ZAM than many of the authors that are up there now.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:23 am

say what Ty and Zane?? Ya'll have buried Ty and Zane? I need an emoticon for a broken heart. This is just so American! Let's pretend out gay community doesn't exist anymore. I am formally asking for those threads back in full view. I will give up the "all about Romance thread" for Ty and Zane. That is the only one that I recall having asked for myself and I will let it go. Just bring these threads back, please. Don't bury them inside some generic thread. Please. How many "pleases" does it take?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:42 am

Things are changing and change is okay. As of right now, nothing is set in stone. As much as we claim to dearly love some of our authors we don't regularly post on their threads outside of book release dates. We certainly don't mean in any way to belittle or malign any author or minority community with the set up of PURLS.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 8:54 am

FaeLadyFaye wrote:
. We certainly don't mean in any way to belittle or malign any author or minority community with the set up of PURLS.

Fae--I know that you like some of the m/m authors as much or even more than I do. If burying Josh Lanyon inside a generic thread is what you guys decide to do, I will live with it. But, honestly, what you said *above* sounds so very political.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:31 am

It's factually correct. You can attempt to insult me if it makes you feel better, but we are in the midst of a change. I'm sure many things will be changed again before it's over.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 9:38 am

say what Insult you? You misunderstood. I will shut up now. bye
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am

Hey Shay...

I hear you loud and clear. I know that there are going to be some special request for our most popular authors and their threads. We're still in the early and incomplete stage of our organizing.
We ask to pretty please just be patient with us.

Swede is heading up the m/m area organizing since she is the pro of that genre. I'm sure she will see your request Shay.
For now the Josh and other threads are in the archive section so you can still view them.

As always thanks for your patience hugs
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:02 pm

By the way I am not American :-) yes Josh is a favourite author (you doubt that I am aware of that?) - as is Jordan, Ethan, LB, KAM, ZAM, Kate Sherwood, Kim Dare, Amy Lane and so the list goes on. This site is an NOT an extension to an authors own web site, no matter how much we love them. As we get more and more authors that come to chat it would be impossible to give them each a thread of their own without needing to scroll down a ridiculous amount of times. Having said that - there will always be 2 or 3 highlighted authors within the Dick Lit box BUT not when an author is coming to chat.... Authors, like anyone else have egos and I don't think should share their billing. So when Ethan's chat is over we will put 2 or 3 up there. Or in there. You catch my drift ... You are welcome to your opinion of course Shay, and thanks for taking the time to actually care enough to give input ... but let's not forget it was Andy that started us all on this m/m road Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:20 pm

Shay is just going to shut up on the subject now. You guys are doing great. Carry on.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:26 pm

AHA I now know the initial CULPRIT muahahaha !!! Andy you owe me at least $300.00 countless hours of sleepless nights and and........ tongue

And I guess I also owe you tons of draw u heart not worthy for som absolutely great stories/characters/authors I've come to know and love so... yeah that I guess in honor my response from now to will be..... yes master
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:33 pm

roflmao

Sabby express yourself honey
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:40 pm

$300??? she owes me more than that!! but I will get my claim in at Albuquerque!!! yeah baby!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:46 pm

LOL I don't want to talk about how much I spend on books. It's depressing.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:53 pm

yet we can thank heavens for FW codes..or it would be a lot worse!!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:16 pm

FW codes are AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:54 pm

Yeah it was a guesstimate I'm HOPING its only is $300.00 for the M/M books I've purchased in the last 6 months and yes if not for FW codes that figure would be at least double that...... or maybe I'd have half the books scratch

I've been better at saving with other genre's by mostly using the library of which new releases dont count (because I don't want to wait!!!); but thats pretty good right.... confused :whis:

Last edited by sabby on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 5:35 pm

Definitely .... But that endorsement comes from a fellow book-aholic!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes   What Happened to that thread ??????     Please Read. Site changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Happened to that thread ?????? Please Read. Site changes
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next