Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ADRIEN ENGLISH

Go down 
+10
DEW
sabby
Dragonlady
showmethelove
b4v
gracious-plenty
Greencat
2shay
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:24 pm

"A distinct voice in gay fiction, multi-award-winning author JOSH LANYON has been writing gay mystery, adventure and romance for over a decade. In addition to numerous short stories, novellas, and novels, Josh is the author of the critically acclaimed Adrien English series, including The Hell You Say, winner of the 2006 USABookNews awards for GLBT Fiction. Josh is an Eppie Award winner and a three-time Lambda Literary Award finalist." . . .taken from his website

1. Fatal shadows
2. A Dangerous Thing
3. The Hell You Say
4. Death of a Pirate King
5. The Dark Tide

http://www.joshlanyon.com/news.html

Last edited by SwedeLover on Sun May 01, 2011 6:24 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : link added)
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:01 pm

The Josh Lanyon thread is up! cheers

star A Dangerous Thing star

I finished A Dangerous Thing. Not a single meddling kids mention in it. But darnit, there was a spooky tape recording being played and a monster costume (well, red contacts anyway). I'm really stuck on the whole Scooby-Doo bit for this one. smile

I'm glad Jake grew a pair and finally (FINALLY!!) kissed Adrien, but wish he hadn't dashed off to the bathroom after. Ya, definately some intimacy issues there.
Then when they finally....ahem. Wow. I never would have guessed that Jake would be so skilled. Or so concerned about how Green was hurting Adrien at the end of Fatal Shadows (and not with the knife). I wondered if Jake was able to hear or see any of that, and I guess he did. Sad

The ending was sad though, complete opposite of the ending to Fatal Shadows. Instead of leaving off hopeful about their relationship, I just know Jake's going to reunite with his inner asshat when they get back to LA. Sad

All the werewolf stuff was a hoot. Think Lanyon was poking fun at the idea of Indian werewolf legends? (A la Twilight?) Hmmmm, something to ask during the chat. scratch
Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:04 pm

but shit! i deleted the petit morts and adrien english post whilst copying them from JCP... trying to restore - but we may just have to say everything again Sad sorry!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:15 pm

*Hands Swede a (second?) drink.*

:drunken:

Shit happens!
Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:17 pm

that is the trouble with trying to rush things ... at work! slow and steady wins the race Wink
but i will get it back (fingers crossed!)
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:40 pm

Well, I never repeat myself so I hope you find it cause I never repeat myself.
Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:17 pm

do you think we will have to reread?? i am up for it Wink
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:18 pm

The sacrifices we make are simply astounding. Wink
Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:39 pm

well bugger me! it cant be restored... sorry guys Sad looks like a reread is needed!
Back to top Go down
2shay

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:53 am

Can't be restored? OMG....Swede, you are going to force a reread. You may expect a spanking....... lol!
Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:56 am

i know right?? it is a bugger, so to speak Wink so sorry shay.... really!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:23 am

Dopple, I'm going to miss the cow.

Reread the whole series, or just certain scenes?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 8:56 am

I'm thinking I like psychocow more than freakyplane too. But I needed a change after hubby pointed out that psychocow looks like a ballchinian. Eewww.

I'm looking forward to your rereads. I'll be able to join the discussion this time around! smile
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:18 am

Man, why did he have to go and point that out?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:24 am

star The Hell You Say star

Aw man, Jake has a regular boyfriend and Adrien is just hsu little somthin' somthin' on the side. Bastard.

Why does Adrien put up with this? He's fully aware, and he doesn't seem to care. Wth? Does he think so little of himself? I've been so distracted by Jake's obvious issues that it hadn't occured to me by now that Adrien has issues of his own.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:34 am

Yes, Adrien does have his own issues. Jake has a regular girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:13 pm

This is making mw revisit that rescue scene at the end of Fatal Shadows.

Adrien was coerced into painful, unlubed, unsafe sex with Bruce. And yet Jakes reaction to it seems more emotional than Adriens. Adrien is emotionally numb. Shrugs it off.
I'm expecting some sort of emotional fallout from that experience...maybe it happens later? And I really want Adrien to stop being a doormat and give Jake the riot act for cheating.
There should be an emotional reaction to this shit, but there isn't. Has Adrien developed this kind of emotional detachment as a way of protecting his heart from excitement? Or does he really think 2 nights a week as a secret side fling is all he's worth? Even worse, does he not value himself enough to see what Bruce did as a violation?

Now I'm ranting. Clearly I have no emotional detachment issues. :evil:
I'm pissed at Jake. Waaay past wanting to slam the phone down on the reciever. Now I want to bean Jake over the head with it.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:24 pm

I know. It was awful how Adrien allowed himself to simply become almost a mistress. He refuses to allow himself to think in any way that what he has with Jake is worthy of emotion.
Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:50 pm

damn when you said you would miss the cow, i thought - i only deleted the thread, not me Wink
Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 2:56 pm

regular boyfriend??? what you talkin bout? seems i need to reread!

he has become the 'mistress' you are right - so sad that he settles for what he can get, when jake can give it Sad
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:10 pm

Confused me for a minute too.

Adrien settled so much. At the same time he got more from Jake than any other guy has. Kisses, sex in a bed. A bed they then slept in till morning. They do both have issues.
Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:18 pm

in some ways Jake is more honest than Adrien
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:21 pm

I don't think we dropped a post.

Adrien wouldn't admit his own feelings to himself let alone speculate on Jake's. I'd agree Jake is more honest with himself in some ways.
Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:27 pm

no i was reading first page when i replied to dopp, then wondered where the 'boyfriend' post went
as i am home to day i think i may just revisit the holmes and moriarity books
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:38 am

If you are re-reading I might be convinced to read for first time. Maybe who knows, can't be too easy ya know people may get the wrong idea. Can't be having that Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ADRIEN ENGLISH Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADRIEN ENGLISH   ADRIEN ENGLISH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ADRIEN ENGLISH
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: