Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Charlanie Harris

Go down 
+18
lornadune
calimama
caligrl
dawls
doxielover
Doppleganger
sabby
uapeople
kimba
Starbrites
b4v
Oh Yes
Greencat
DEW
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 8:57 pm

My heart stopped a bit when I read the marriage proposal. He was so endearing.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 10:16 pm

My heart broke when Eric got his memory back too. Sookie stopping herself as she reflexively went to touch him.... very sad

Why did you have to remind me of that? it\'s so horrible
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 10:54 am

Sorry! It broke my heart too. Sad I hope, hope, hope they get together in later books!
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
kimba

kimba

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 10:03 am

Did anyone read/buy the new sookie companion?
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:01 am

Not yet. I think I'll check it out from the library first and decide if it's worth buying.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 12:58 pm

I am reading the companion today. I'll share my thoughts later. I'm actually excited to read the short story. May have something to do with the fact that I heard Quinn was in it and I so loved him.. smile
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:06 pm

I still haven't read Dead Reckoning Sad I just don't want to based on the comments of my fellow PURLS.
Back to top Go down
doxielover

doxielover

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Totally off topic, but I think Jason Momoa has replaced Oded Fehr as my personal JZB, and I didn't think that was possible! .......love the pic show me!
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:18 pm

I am getting close to finishing All Together Dead. I sort of see Sookie and Quinn's relationship crumbling. I really like Quinn too! Please tell me it isn't so...
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:41 pm

mlssglbrt9 I am a huge Quinn fan as well..
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:52 pm

star star Sookie Companion star star

I have only read the short wedding story. I thought it turned out really good. I liked it alot better then the her newest short story Hammer something with Tara,JB,Sam and the twins nanny..

Like I said before I am a huge Quinn fan and I thought it was awesome that he tracked her down so they could talk without him being kicked out of the area. I was really glad that it looked like Quinn would get a nice send off. He meets a very nice female tiger.. What was most impressive was Quinn telling Sookie that if Eric ever forced her or held anything over her to keep her basically in check like the vamps have on him that no matter what he would do anything to help her and Sookie new he ment it. They hugged and he left back to the party and with the other tiger.. awww!!

The wedding was a complete mess and I felt so bad for Sam and his family. They were being harrassed by people because of there 2 nature. It got pretty crazy but alot of shifters stepped in to help out. I was glad when the couple were finaly able to get married!

I loved the appeareance of Luna. It was nice to see her again and her and sookie coming together to check out the jerk from next door who was shot and killed by Sara Newlin..

Sara went to Jail!! twirling I hope she stays there!!

All in all I thought the story was pretty good and I have to admit though it is hard to do. I really liked Sam in this story. He has not always been my favorite but I liked him in this one..

Now onto reading the rest of the Companion..
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:48 pm

star Sookie Companion star

At the end of each review of books there is the Secret Dialogues of Bill and Eric and they are really good and some are sooo funny but the best part of it is that they are conversations between them that we don't get to see from Sookies POV. Like Bill and Erics conversation right at the end of DR after Bill drops Sookie off at home. He makes a phone call to Eric and we get to see what was said. Fantastic Stuff!

Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 7:55 am

I'm trying not to look at your pretty star Starbrites. I'm finding it really hard. Still waiting for my copy of the companion to turn up in the mail. I have the hammer story on audio but haven't got around to listening to it yet.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:15 am

Starbrites, Thanks so much for your comments. I haven't picked up the companion yet. I wasn't sure if I was going to buy it, but now that I read your review, I'm definitely going to pick it up. excited Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:20 am

Still waiting....lol.... wasn't in a hurry so waited for the UK version to be printed.
Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:10 pm

I have read all the Sookie books so far and found a short story in a book about all kinds paranormal things of short stories but where do I find the companion and is it worth my time I am trying to avoid the star posts so it doesn't get ruined for me. Can someone let me know?
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:14 pm

HHhhmmmm well I am a MAJOR Quinn lover and I was originally avoiding the companion because I was afraid of what would happen...... but read your notes Starbites and I think I'll pick up the companion as well.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Sorry amckuen, but I never read the companion book.
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:14 pm

The companion turned out alot better then I thought it would. I wasn't to impressed with her short story called Hammer something. IDK! Anyway, sense I was a huge Quinn fan I had to get it. I just love that Tiger! The companion had some really good things in it besides the story which was a huge plus in my book.

Hmmmm... I never really understood why people hated Quinn so much. I always thought he was Purrfect! smile
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:35 pm

I didnt understand either why folks didn't just love those purple pansy eyes!!!! He just seemed so..... curran (sub as tiger!!) LOL. I mean when he licked Sookie's leg at the arena drool !! I was one of the rare few who was glued to the Quinn thread on CH site; I didn't look at any other threads until they took the suitors down...... I guess in retrospect that was good or else i wouldn't of ended up here cheers . Oh well I will check out the companion now though thanks Starbites.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 8:37 am

Starbrites wrote:
I am reading the companion today. I'll share my thoughts later. I'm actually excited to read the short story. May have something to do with the fact that I heard Quinn was in it and I so loved him.. smile

The odd thing about those conversations Starbrites is that they were not written by CH. They were written by Aislyn (real name Victoria Koski), Big Mama (can't remember her real name) and at least one other from the CH site wrote some of the things in the book as well. Starbrites, can you look in the book to see if CH thanked them for their work on the book?

I would imagine that CH wrote the SS, but most if not all the other stuff was written by fans = fan fiction. Something CH herself has stated that she doesn't approve of. So, why have fan fiction in your own book? If you notice, the Sookie Companion states "Edited" by Charlaine Harris - not written. No No

I liked Quinn as well and would have been happy if Sookie ended up with him. Oh well. Alcide is out and now Quinn. Three remain in the race for Sookie's heart!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:40 pm

Wow, really? That's....odd.

I've read a couple of Charlaine's shorts and they don't click with me like her novels. But I do have a soft spot for a certain Tiger. heart
I haven't read Dead Reckoning yet! Will the short story spoiler it?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:44 pm

No Dopple it wont ruin DR because the short happened before that book.

Autumnleaves I will check and let you know.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:09 pm

Honestly, the other little extras in Companion books are nice, but I'm finding that I can get a lot of that stuff free from author websites. When it comes to companion-type books I'm interested in 2 things - character background/bios and short stories.

I thought the recipes in the Sookie Companion might be nice to have, but I just saw on the CH site that the Bellefleur chocolate cake comes from a mix. Ummmm....no. No No That's cake sacrilege. I'm instantly suspicious of any other recipes in the book.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:01 pm

I would just like to add I wasn't overall excited by the companion when I got it and it will be finding a good home at the local library where it might get a little more love. It was a rather expensive short story in the end since that was all I really enjoyed. Sookie don't do it for me like she used to.
Gosh I'm getting a bit yap-yap in my old age lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charlanie Harris   Charlanie Harris - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charlanie Harris
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next