Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Discovery of Witches - PBC#2

Go down 
+8
Greencat
caligrl
sabby
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
uapeople
2shay
Barbara
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Yeah, I'm going to be a little annoyed if we have to wait until book 3 for some penetration.
Back to top Go down
amckuen

amckuen

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 8:10 pm

So PURLS it took about two weeks to get through 10pgs. But now I love it so glad I stuck it out and I am not sure why it took that long to get through the first few pages can't wait to read more!!!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Keep us updated with your thoughts amckuen. It gets very good!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm

starbrites wrote:
I have finished!

star DOW star

Talk about a cliffhanger. Step into time and that is that. I am really worried about what Hammish had said to Diana. 1st he said that Matthew would be different. What the hell do you think he ment by that? 2nd he told her that where she was going she couldn't use a phone for help. Is Matthew going to change? Why is Hammish so worried about Matthew and Why did he really not want to tell her right away where they were going? I have lots of questions and I don't want to wait till July to read the second book. *Stomps Feet*

This book really amazed me. I was so afraid at the begining that I was not going to like it but I fell in love with it. The House was the best!

Right now, I am just a little high strung which always happens to me when i finish a book that has more to the story and I am not able to read it right away. Now I need to go through the thread reading what everyone else wrote.

I know, the wait for Book 2 is awful. Harkness isn't a very fast writer - I'm already dreading the wait for book 3.

star star ADOW -- ENDING!!! star star

Does anyone else think there's going to be a pregnancy in Book 2? There's that thing with the 3 aspects of the goddess being Maiden, Mother, and Crone that gets mentioned several times. I think those are the themes for each of the 3 books, with ADOW being the 'maiden' part of Diana's story. If I'm right (I'm never right), I hope 'crone' isn't taken too literally in Book 3.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Please let us know your thoughts as you read amckuen! reading
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm certainly expecting a pregnancy but am not sure if the reader will learn of it in book 2 or 3. Your Maiden, Mother, Crone theory is interesting. It could be right. I'm never right about things though, either.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:09 pm

amckuen wrote:
So PURLS it took about two weeks to get through 10pgs. But now I love it so glad I stuck it out and I am not sure why it took that long to get through the first few pages can't wait to read more!!!

Ok I was coming to say I was struggling and wasn't my thing, but maybe I'm being to quick to judge?? I'm going to need to take a break from the cats and pys soon Wink I'll give another go.
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:19 pm

I have been meaning to read this book. I've heard polar opposite reviews of this one, so have been passing it over for other stuff for awhile now. I'll add it to my TBR pile. I'm already working on two other books at the moment though. I'll join the party late... as usual. smile. I look forward to reading everyones comments later.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:09 am

There are still nearly 2 weeks in the month - plenty of time!
It is a polarizing book - the type people either love or hate with very little middle ground. I'm surprised we haven't had more detracters in our group. Book discussions are always more interesting when not everyone liked the book.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:42 am

I know someone who hated it. I'll see if I can get her to post comments about why.
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:46 am

I'll attempt it. I'm reading 2 other books now. I should be able to get atleast some of it done by the end of the month.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 12:14 pm

I was reluctant to start it. Sooooo glad I did. I was a little further in than 10 pages before it caught hold of me. I don't remember how far since I eventually fell in love with the story.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:12 pm

wasn\\'t me uuuummm ok it was me ninja I'm guilty as charged dr who although i don't "hate" the book but I didn't love it either... and like might be strong; so I guess it was OK I'm the rare middle ground. I was avoiding commenting because I didn't want to "ruin" the good comments but here it goes. devil

I was somehow fairly equal parts engaged and irritated during the reading; I mean enough so that I read it fairly quickly. Initially I was pretty captivated I thought the premise was pretty interesting and although there was a lot of information I only rarely felt that glaze in my eye when the fog was creeping over my brain from TOO much info. yap-yap Okay so let me start with the good first: I like all the side characters (mostly) think there very interesting and as stated before LOVE the house!!! That really did save it for me towards the end there. I think the world building and history is very interesting....

Where the story lost me is with the main characters Twisted Evil . Diana started out as this intelligent, self reliant character and as Dopple stated it just felt like the further the story went (or the closer she got to Matthew) she seemed to lose IQ points. tongue And than we have Matthew Owen ok dont kill me but he's not real likable to me. He kind of reminded me of Barrons, a very pompous, secretive patronizing alpha male. Maybe I'll like him later but for now not so much (I didnt particularly like Barrons til book 4 either so here we are). And of course what was my biggest cause for irritation.... NO BOINKING!!!!! wtf I mean ok so I'm a bit of a boinkaholic thats besides the point; I can enjoy a vague sex scene as much as anybody else... I can!!! Rolling Eyes No but for real I just didn't get what the hesitation was Matthew first said something like he wants it to happen not just out of physical need but to reach a level of intimacy..... um can't we accomplish both scratch. And than he says that they have all the time in the world (of course as a Vampire he'd think so) um but there was no hesitation to get married essentially... TWICE!!! But we cant do the deed?? Towards the end he than says when they have "more time" and when "they are both safe". Um dude you both almost died and you're about to go to war with other supernaturals and time travel, when exactly is there a better time to get some action????? And because I don't understand his reasons or think there bullshit its made me not trust him (further). Which of course only got compounded by Hamish's warning to Diana about him being different in the past and to be careful. Gin Blano I know I'm getting out of hand with the no boinking thing but it really annoyed me!! It just doesn't feel true to the progression of there relationship.

And my only other criticism would be the bad guys needed more page time. When that witch kidnapped Diana and they met with the other 2 vamps, Getrick I think his name was said the witches would break her down and than she'd be all his. Why is that? I just felt we needed more info on the motivations of the bad guys to really build more momentum or drama to look forward to in the next books no idea I dont know just kind of fell flat for me??
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 8:14 pm

UM wow that's long cuckoo sorry guys u shouldn't have gotten me started!!! carry on
Back to top Go down
DEW

DEW

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:47 pm

oh, did you say something, Sabby? I must have been too busy looking at your avatar/ pic.... yes, I've seen him before, but it's been awhile. he's got beautiful eyes. he gives good smolder ( or smoulder).... I just hope that's chocolate.

in a nutshell.... I got: chocolate, good. no boinking, bad.
wine
cheers! Nicely put.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 7:28 am

Sabby....I can't actually argue with anything you said. It's all true...true true. Everything. Except I loved it! Isn't that odd? Or...maybe I'm odd. With all the obvious flaws ......I still fell in love with this story.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:09 am

I don't think it's odd at all shay because I feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:16 am

I don't know, starbrites. I am a pretty big time boinkaholic too. The romance of this book just captured me completely. I love the relationship between Diana and Michael. Yeah, the sex would probably enhance it, but I like that they want to be together all the time just for sharing each other's company and not for the physical pull.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:42 am

I think all here are boinkaholics! smile I wanted them to get to it but at the same time it won't kill me to have them wait. I've been reading quite a few M/M books and honestly they could use a little less boink and more story cause the plot is usually fantastic.

I didn't like all Matthews secrets. He didn't share enough of himself with Diana but expected it in return. I love the Alpha thing but we don't get his POV so we get stuck wondering which is real and which is bullshit. I think that's why I'm so in love with romance books. You get both views (usually) and you know what the other person is thinking and feeling.

I know it's awful to say but I hated all the world building. I know some love it but I'm not one of them. I could care less and at the first half of the book all the library shit about did me in. I pushed myself because I was still interested in Matthew and Diana and what was going to happen plus all the side characters. The people and the house is what kept me going.

Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 8:44 am

I think for me lack of penetration doesn't mean a lack of sex. Yes, it's the culmination of the sex and the most satisfying to read (and have), but it's not all there is to sex. There were intimate situations where both characters had to display a level of trust and vulnerability. I will get annoyed if there isn't more in book 2. Things have to progress or it's stupid. And I hope it's well written or we had a lot of build up for a mediocre bang.

But I did just want him to stick it to her. Jeez! It would have been great.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:00 am

roflmao Fae! You're right. SB...yeah....the m/m sometimes has so much boinking that it makes me want to (and I sometimes do!) just skip it and get on with the story. Many of the best m/m writers don't do that. The sexual connection is important to the story, but not THE STORY. I think maybe that is one of the reasons I loved Diana and Matthew do much. They are building intimacy and trust. It seems so beautifully romantic. .....
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:22 am

I'm not quite sure why it irritated me so; I think its because like I said I dont particularly like Matthew so I was looking for something to latch onto. I guess its like SB said since he's so secretive that I needed him to share more of himself in order for me to buy into their love.... so if he wasn't going to divulge secrets I wanted some other satisfaction!!! yeah that I mean I'm all for the Alpha male, curran when its tempered by some vulnerability or preferably humor. Which I didn't get from Matthew. Sure there were some sweet and tender moments between the two but.....??? Maybe if they hadn't Married it would of bothered me less?

Fughet bout it!! Don't ask me to explain ... I never understand myself or what I'm thinking Rolling Eyes confused Wink Laughing just kidding. I should add that even with all my griping I would still read the next book... I hate not knowing whats going to happen cussing !
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 10:54 am

Yeah, the whole secrets thing was annoying. I get that he did that to everyone, but shouldn't the great love of his life be the one he shares his secrets with? Come on! To some extent he's had a long lifetime of secrets to build up and a relatively short time to tell them to Diana. Does he even remember all the secrets he has? But learning new information and keeping it from her was annoying. It smacked of plot device for me. As much as I liked the book, I get upset when I can see the nuts and bolts of the book.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Sabby and Fae. I actually agree completely with what you are both saying about him not sharing his secrets more. I guess I just look at it from the stand point of having to learn to break the habit of keeping secrets. It's going to take him a while to open up more.....if he ever does. If he doesn't, that might very well spoil the story a bit. For me, I mean.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:47 pm

Yes, he was in the habit of keeping secrets so it did make sense. Even his son was aware of his behaviors in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discovery of Witches - PBC#2   Discovery of Witches - PBC#2 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discovery of Witches - PBC#2
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ARCHIVES-
Jump to: