Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTF....I'm so over it already !!!

Go down 
+11
b4v
Greencat
Starbrites
Barbara
2shay
uapeople
FaeLadyFaye
mlssglbrt9
Doppleganger
showmethelove
gracious-plenty
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Empty
PostSubject: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:45 pm

This is the place where you can cuss cussing vent Mad and be super pissed off.

So most of us start out absolutely loving a certain series❤ and can't wait for the next installment. When that day comes and we speed read through it because we just can't wait to know what happens, only to get to the end and be so throughly pissed off because the author had to go and fuck it all up. tantrum Ya..well we needed a special place to be able to express ourselves in.....

So have at it!!!
I can already name a few to get this baby moving along too.

spoilers WARNING
This thread will contain MAJOR spoilers, so posters beware. Because of the nature of some of the books, please start to indictae your post using star spoilers star if your post will in fact contain anything spoilerish and include which book your referencing. Thanks so much
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:48 pm

Wahoo! Who should we bitch about first? smile
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Let's see....writing

There's the Sookie books, Dark Swan series, Chloe Neill's Chicagoland Vamps series...Shall I continue????
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:55 pm

There are a few. I'm not feeling very bitchy today.Wink
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:20 pm

I'll start! Sherrilyn Kenyon done fucked up!

If you start her Dark Hunter series, stop after reading No Mercy (book.19). That's a good long run for a series anyway. Be happy there are that many good ones and then move on.

star Retribution star

This book was such a big fat disappointment after reading so far and becoming so invested in this series. I didn't recognize the mythology, the characters, nothing. It's like Kenyon wanted to start a new series but couldn't sell it, so she slapped a Dark Hunter label on the book and tried to dupe us.
Mad
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:34 pm

Good thing I quit with No Mercy!
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:13 pm

star LKH books in general star (just in case!)

My gripe is about the Anita Blake novels... LKH needs a better editor! There are sooooooo many STUPID mistakes in those books! women where it should be woman, then where it should be than... I could go on!

On top of that, most of the newest books are more novellas than actual novels and they still want full price for them!

I can get past the must-have-graphic-sex-to-do-anything parts because, well, I sorta like them... but the grammar errors? I can't go on! WHAAAA!

Last edited by mlssglbrt9 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://evolutionofalifestyle.blogspot.com
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:16 pm

I don't know why I still read them, mlss. The Anita Blake books aren't all that well written, the characters aren't really what they were when the series began, and the sex with a new guy in every book is just too weird. But I read the new release every year. Like clockwork. If it's not too horrible I find myself to be actually impressed with it.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:48 pm

star Anita Blake Series star star Later Novels star

Yes, me too! I can't seem to get away from them. I guess I hope they will get better. I really liked it when it was just Anita, JC, and Richard. She has too many men in her collection now. Micah needs to get his ass kicked. He gets on my nerves.

Last edited by mlssglbrt9 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Well, LKH certainly can write whatever drivel she wants. I'm just mystified that I keep reading it. I don't buy it, though. Somehow that makes me feel better.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:08 pm

SPOILER STARS PEOPLE!!!! I'm not ever going to read it but someone may want to.
Back to top Go down
mlssglbrt9

mlssglbrt9

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:04 pm

Ooops... Sorry! I'll go back and put them in!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:24 pm

Mel I think that was aimed at me Laughing
I deleted my post because I went on a LKH tangent and put some spoilerish stuff in it. phewwwww
But I'm all better now. heart Haven heart
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Well I agree with the LKH- it is like an addiction to something really bad and its gets worse over time.

But I can point out one author who not matter what series- and she has written so very many, that always gets it right at the end of every one whether stand alone or long series or series with a side series is Keri Arthur. My hands applaud you. You go girl! I am behind one book of hers. I am so disappointed in myself! Usually I can't get them fast enough but the last one was really sad and it remains in my brain so I took a time out.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Chicagoland Vampires! No need for spoiler stars. You all know why. Biggest FU ....EVER .. In my opinion. Lots of others seem to lose their focus after the sixth or seventh book, sometimes later. CV is the only one that went off track so badly that it made me think I might be through with the whole genre. If a writer can just make up a world and then make their own world behave WRONG, then I might just prefer real world humans.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:46 pm

And this is why I won't bother with that series....why start when I already know it turns to shit later?

I'm still curious about LKH. You guys have such a love/hate relationship with it.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:05 am

Hey Shay... Was this the gripe thread??
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:28 am

LKH---Hmmmmm. The first six books were some of the best ever written in this genre. I just committed about that whole 5-6 book problem in series. I started losing interest in Sookie about the 6th book. The later LKH books are just SEX! Hey. I like sexy books, but I want a story, too, and the story got pretty weak at times. Do I really need to know how many cocks Anita can get in her mouth at once? Shit, no! I don't even want to know that she wants to try. It's the Ardeur, IMO, that ruined the series for me. Using an outside influence to turn your main character into a whore? No. Not for me. Anita was a beautiful character who had had one sexual relationship in her past when the story started. She and Richard were "waiting" while they were engaged. Anita, Richard and JC fighting together to keep their world sane could have gone on and on, but no. The Ardeur happened and I was out. I want my characters to have some sort of moral and ethical compass. I guess that's why I have been so dedicated to the BDB. MINE...! I like that. A lot. I know some readers of the BDB get put out with the slang, but it's just part o the BDB world, to me. I have learned, recently, that the whole idea of...MINE...can include more than one. While technically a menage, Dark Horse is about the total and complete love and faithfulness between the lovers. It was a revelation. The characters are honorable, moral and ethical in their relationship. Not so with LKH.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:29 am

Hey, Swede! Yes! Found it! heart
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:42 pm

It is a love/hate thing with the LKH Anita books. I loved the early books. The middle....no so much. But I will admit her last few are picking back up for me. I can't explain why I continue reading this series, but I do. Richard's character has really turned around for me and he isn't such an angry whiny baby anymore. Olaf..Can't explain why he intrigues me and scares the absolute crap out of me all at the same time. Laughing
I really want a new Merry G book to come out. Now that series I love heart
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:08 pm

I read Merry Gentry for a while and liked it. It scared me a little, though. I really hate the Ardeur and was afraid MG was getting a few too many lovers going.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:45 pm

I have heard you guys go back and forth with LKH but I have never read any of them. Are they supernatural? Oh and Shay I almost choked when I read what you wrote above about how many cocks can she get in her mouth at once. Really? What the hell kind of books are these?? lol
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 5:37 pm

Oh man, they are an experience, Starbrites! If you are interested in reading them get them from the library. I would never tell anyone to buy this series. They have vampires, werewolves, zombies, and all manner of other freaky things. The author is Laurell K Hamilton if you are interested. I don't even remember the name of the first book. Guilty Pleasures maybe? There is no sex at all until book 6. By book 12 there is so much sex there is very little plot. It's an experience, to say the least. Most of us who continue to read them can't explain why we do.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:17 pm

Ya it's a weird unexplainable obsession for sure. Lol

Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:27 pm

So who's ready for Deadlocked??? I'm not jumping up and down over it, but I will still read it most likely on release day. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF....I'm so over it already !!!   WTF....I'm so over it already !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTF....I'm so over it already !!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: