Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ethan Day

Go down 
+7
Starbrites
Ethan Day
FaeLadyFaye
sabby
showmethelove
b4v
2shay
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:50 am

Yes Ethan is the King of naughty one liners ;-) a missing King... Hope he is ok!!
Back to top Go down
Ethan Day

Ethan Day

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Just wanted to say thanks!   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 5:35 pm

I'm supposed to be working, but what Geoff doesn't know won't hurt me ; )

I wanted to stop by and personally say thank you for the gifts. It was really sweet and I was personally touched y'all cared enough to take the time. As I mentioned on facebook, I'll totally be hanging up that stocking to use for inspiration when I'm writing the Boone & Wade Christmas short story! There's something really awesome about having you guys actually remember or quote lines back to me. Thank you for that! It means that what I wrote stuck with you in a very real and honest way. That, in and of itself is gift enough, so thank you once more.

Anytime I'm feeling bad or having a rough day or a tough time writing, I'll glance over at the shelf with the goodies you sent and I'll feel better - that much I know.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! happy dance
Back to top Go down
http://www.ethanday.com/
2shay

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Wow. Ethan, that was so nice. We remember quotes from your books because they are....memorable! All your books are funny. But, they also all carry a real message. I have said before that At Piper's Point is my favorite, but I think Julian (Julie!) is my favorite character. He was so honest and trusting and trust worthy. Just an all around nice guy. He makes me think of you.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:34 pm

yeah that 'cause I couldn't have said it any better myself!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 12:23 pm

42% threw Snow Ho and it's hilarious. In my mind I picture Boone to have an extreme case of ADHD! smile

He's like the worlds biggest Drama Queen! I f-in Love it. I am laughing so hard.

Last edited by Starbrites on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to add a little to my post..)
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Oh man! I miss Ethan books Sad He is hilarious isn't he? I love these. At Piper's Point is awesome too.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Finished Sno Ho! I Loved it but I have to admit that I really would like to know if they made those 6 months!!!

My first M/M book and it was nothing like I thought. the writing was soooo funny and I loved the hyper,fast talking Boone. I swear I was laughing my ass off threw the whole book. I will have to check out some of his other ones.

Is he funny in all his books or was that just that character?
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 2:58 pm

All his books are funny but nobody is quite as silly as Boone. The second book, Life In Fusion is just as funny IMO. You will get to meet Boone's friends and family!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:02 pm

They all have funny moments, but some are more serious.

You should definitely read Life In Fusion. Boone's mother Dixie is my hero!
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:13 pm

All of his books have me roflmao Laughing several times... granted some more than others as Fae said. But they are ALL worth the read!! I cant wait to reread them right before our next chat with Ethan!!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Ethan is soooo much fun to chat with. Starbrites......gulp......Sno Ho is not the first m/m book I would have recommended, but I am glad you liked it. Life In Fusion is great, too.

If you got along okay with the m/m genre, there are some truly great reads waiting for you. My own very, very favorite.....ranks high high for me in ALL genres....is Josh Lanyon's Adrien English Mysteries. There are others that the story is so DAMN good that the fact that they are centered around gay men is just incidental. Another of my favorites....Zero At The Bone by Jane Seville. Jordan Castillo Price's PsyCop series is another of my favs. Urban and Roux's Cut and Run series...guaranteed not to disappoint. Lots and lots of great stories. Some of our best writers are out of the mainstream. Pity.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:56 pm

I am already on my way to Amazon to find that next book.. smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 3:58 pm

muffin roflmao

ETA: Just a small aside....while many think that Sno Ho has the funniest scene...EVER...and you may agree. I rank it second. I think the funniest scene I have ever read is in At Piper's Point. JMO..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:08 pm

That scene in Piper's Point ranks right up there! Piper's Point is more serious and emotional, but it's Ethan so there's still tons of LOL.

When you read Life in Fusion, it's ok to skip the parts that are Boone's book (you'll understand when you read). They don't tie in to Boone and Wade's story, at least not that I could tell.

muffin
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 8:02 pm

When I start to read Life in Fusion I will keep that in mind. I have not started it yet. I'll problay start that sometime tomorrow. Then I will check into Piper's Point. Just in the that one book I could tell I am going to love his writing. I could not stop laughing. I did notice that the books are pretty pricey so it will take me time to get them.

Shay~ The M/M didn't bother me. I was not completely sure how I would fell but it wasn't distasteful or raunchy.

BTW: I thought muffin was roflmao Something Sweet and Salty!! roflmao
Back to top Go down
2shay

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:45 am

roflmao Starbrites....that is sooo good....that you didn't find the m/m too.....something. There are so very many good m/m stories. Hey.....I have a million....ah, well....lots of them....if you are interested in something let me know. I have never lended books, but I would be willing to try to figure it out if there is something you want to read but don't want to buy. And if it's a lendable book.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:37 pm

Well, ther is a Fictiowise code for 55% off books through tomorrow. There are some must read m/m books if you are interested. Ethan Day's books are also on that site.

Code is 102811
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:55 pm

No I'm not going to look at fictionwise, can't make me!! I'm doing so well at this resisting thing this time lol. I still have a couple of Ethan to read on my kindle and once dopple learns to lend... well...lol
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:26 am

:oops:

Fictionwise is dangerous. Oh you may get 50% off but you'll buy 3x the books!
LOL
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:34 am

And some publishers don't allow their books to be discounted. In those instances it's usually cheaper to get the book from Amazon or B&N.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:46 am

Getting ready to start Life in Fusion!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:04 am

On Dec 10th (I think) there is a Christmas novella about Wade and Boone being released. You'll be done in time to read it! Yay!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:45 am

Yay Starbrites! Can't wait until you meet Boone's parents roflmao

I want that short FLF!!!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:59 am

Oh that's right, you don't meet Boone's parents until Life in Fusion. Starbrites, you are in for such a treat!
The cover for the Summit City Christmas short is........ drool

Here, have a lookie. Warning: it's hard to stop staring.
A Summit City Christmas
Back to top Go down
2shay

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:27 pm

I saw it! OMG!! That is by far Ehtan's best cover....EVER! I am so looking forward to another visit with Boone and Wade. I wonder what Wade will give Boone for Christmas? Oh....wow....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ethan Day - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethan Day   Ethan Day - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ethan Day
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next