Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Swan

Go down 
+12
calimama
uapeople
Starbrites
kimba
Oh Yes
b4v
Greencat
DEW
FaeLadyFaye
showmethelove
gracious-plenty
Dragonlady
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
ferdy

Dark Swan - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 10:32 pm

Hopsngrapes, I used to think that if an author evokes such stong reactions that it's a mar kof a good writer but I find more and more that I'm getting frustrated/annoyed/angry at characters/stroylines even with books with poor writing and storytelling particularly in the YA genre like PC Cast House of Night series - I think it's awful but I still get angry and annoyed at the characters needless to say I've given up on the series because I think it's badly written and has gotten worse with each book.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 1:54 am

kimba wrote:
Mad I have to say this series started out with such promise and ended with me very Mad

RM made Eugiene into the biggest hypocrite! All along we read how she couldn't trust Dorian blablabla. The guy who over and over again helped her and risked himself time and time again,and RM decides its the way to go,end the book and not tell Dorian he's a father!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to give it 1 star, 2 at the most! Seriuosly how can we as readers be ok with the ending,she doesn't desrve Dorian! And to keep his children a secret is my breaking point with RM! In my head Dorian gets the twins protects them and kicks Eugiene's ass to the curb!

Oh, I really like your ending much better! roflmao
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 2:05 am

showmethelove wrote:
It's double insulting that she didn't tell Dorian he was the father and she left them without giving him a choice. We all know Dorian loves children and how hurt he was when he found out she was pregnant with someone elses kids. He still wanted them. I hate the ending! I'm so happy I didn't read this book. Thanks again for telling me Starbrites smile

Your welcome! It really is a shame that it ended with a lie. I hate not knowing if and when he will find out. Damn RM for not giving us an epilogue! Dorian made the books for me and to have it end with a big thing like that kept from him just saddens me.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:31 am

OK, I read some spoilers here...This is the final book? Really? I'm about half way in. Got to the part where the met up with this other group and made the rock bridge over the water, got attacked by the sea dragon and got betrayed by the other group.

Wait- they are Dorian's???? Is she really not going to get back with Dorian and not tell him he has children when he even accepted them when he thought they were the foxes? Say it ain't so!!!!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:59 am

Thanks Starbrites...I had to... I read your synapsis....I had to know.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:46 pm

I'm not sure if I wanted to roflmao or very sad after reading a review for Shadow Heir.

I kid you not words like loved it, imaginative and gripping where used, best book they had read in a long time???? Hmm maybe they were reading a different story than everyone else? Or just read really really, really bad stories. I need to read now just so I can put my own opinion on this one. (By the way it was a NZ site)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 8:58 pm

what is NZ?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:05 pm

New Zealand
Back to top Go down
hopsngrapes

hopsngrapes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:58 pm

Read it and judge for yourself. I recieved an arc, so no spoilers for me. Initially when i read it I had high hopes. I was entertained and disappointed at the same time but it's really up to the reader. It's a mixed bag.

I'm thinking after this book, spin off. Why else provoke such emotions in readers without some resolve in the future?

Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 2:46 am

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe one of either the Twins, Jasmine or just Eug's Son. Damn I already forgot his name. We couldn't get lucky enough for it to be a book from Dorians POV. All I know is that she needs to do something because there are still a few things that I want resolved and a few things I want answers too.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:03 am

Dorians POV now that would be one I would buy.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:30 pm

I only remember Thundro...wasn't it something like Issiac?
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 7:31 pm

what about from her sister's POV. It would be interesting to see how she feels after losing her second crush
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Thundro!! I think it would be awesome for it to be in Jasmines POV that girl has been threw so much and I would love to see her take on all of it.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:19 am

finished last night. I have no opinion how I feel about this book because I spoilered myself so much I don't really know what my emotions would have been. I am very upset about the babies and poor Dorian either not knowing them or not knowing where they are or not being able to do the convoluted travel to see them even once if he does know . And Kiyo is even more of a dick than I originally thought. At least he warned her but if he didn't then at least Dorian would have gotten to see his babies. Not telling him even to protect the babies is just not giving him enough credit and a cop out. He deserves more even if her knowing he'd want them and may put them in danger he still deserves to know and to give his thoughts...who knows maybe he'd surprise her.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:34 pm

Absolutely uapeople!

Ok, now that g-p has me addicted to reading what the Authors have to say on Twitter Wink

Nicole Peeler wrote today @RichelleMead Yay! Glad it's sorted. Loved Shadow Heir, btw!

RM wrote: Thanks! The lack of closure is very controversial. smile (She added a smile)

NP wrote: Lack of closure is good. Wink (She winks)

At least now I know that she knows she screwed us. She has to have a plan.

What do ya'll think?
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Thanks for that info starbites!!.. I'm glad RM's aware that her ending isn't popular with her readers.. it gives a me tiny bit of hope that they maybe she'll consider giving us some colsure. I hope it's ok that I copy and paste your post onto the Shadow Heir goodreads thread??
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:07 pm

RM posted on her website. Here is the link..

http://blue-succubus.livejournal.com/

Last edited by starbrites on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pasting with a phone is hard...)
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:06 pm

OK so I can't put this book down so far.

I don;t want to read any previous commenst due to spoilers, so I will just make it a quick one. I'm about 40% in so far. She just returned to the Otherworld in it's wintery nitemare. I thought the Yew Land queens offer at the wedding was an obvious give away to set up her as the villian. Maybe I am wrong since I'm not even half way yet though. no idea

I hope to try and finish this bad boy tonight if I can excited
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:26 am

OK so I didn't get to finish and only managed to get to about 60%.
They were just taken prisoner and she made a makeshift wand. (That cracks me up)
So far again I am really enjoying it. I'm eager for lunch so I can conitnue I\'m waiting
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 11:45 am

Glad your liking it g-p. can't wait for your thoughts on the book. I personally am a hypocrit. I loved every minute of the book but hated it too. Which sometimes I think makes for a fan fucking tastic book!
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 1:30 am

OK, I'm so out of the loop, I didn't even realize this book came out. Starbrites, after skimming through your review, I'm going to pick the book up. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 8:20 am

What kind of fucked up ending is that shit cussing

Seriously...wtf

I get the safety thing but didn't have to write that part in about Maiwenn and her kids never being safe. Poor Dorian. I never really doubted that Dorian wasn't the father, but then you never know with RM.
Now I can look at all the comments. I can't wait to see you guys reactions too.

Brb
Back to top Go down
hopsngrapes

hopsngrapes

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:07 pm

Most have that reaction GP. I was very shocked and dishearted at the end, especially about Dorian.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:47 pm

WTF sums up the ending perfectly. Reminded me of the open ending in Rachel Vincent's shifter series where you are going but what about X and Y and blah blah. and Dorian...OMG Dorian!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Swan   Dark Swan - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Swan
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next