Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blah! Blah! Blah!

Go down 
+12
calimama
autumnleaves
readerchic
uapeople
sabby
showmethelove
gracious-plenty
Starbrites
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Barbara
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Real tamales are so yummy. I love them. Hot Tamales will be easy to get anywhere they sell candy.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:49 am

Well there must be somewhere I can get to try real tamales in Albuquerque... and a mojito. We need a fully stocked bar set up in our room. I have asked Ethan if there are author book reader thingies in the bar... and I don't mean the cocktails menu wine
Swedelover
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:38 am

Barb, you are not allowed to leave Albuquerque without having some awesome Mexican food, and at least one Margarita, Mojito, and a Sangria. You might have to sample the Margaritas from several different places, so you'll have a good statistical spread from which to form an opinion.

Last edited by Doppleganger on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 8:43 am

That sounds like a plan!! ... And one I can stick to Wink
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 7:06 pm

OK..I am done with my farting about with my profile name and pic ....
I will stay SwedeLover henceforth.... and this warrior shall be my guy flirty

We have had all kinds of issues with my eldest daughter and her addiction to World of Warcraft - if she coulda she woulda played 24/7 so we got rid of the game. Then a couple of months later we substituted it for Skyrim but with really strict guidelines. It wasn't the same. This weekend we bought some Star Wars game.. and she was loading it, as was my younger daughter -- who used the log on details. Turns out the ONLY log on details cussing
Poor Sarah -- the world and the gaming universe is all against her why!!!

It is a struggle as she sees mum on FB and here and Goodreads so often; she doesn't understand why "because I said so" is just the way it is.. oy, teenagers! Rolling Eyes
Re. Alberquerque.... anyone else that wants to go I am sure that there are still spaces. I know I am planning to catch up with Nikki. Somehow. Somewhere. happy dance in between tamales, sangria, mojitos and margeritas!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:05 pm

I soo wish I could go, there are several authors I'd love to meet. (OK, mostly Ethan!)

I have limited vacation time available from work, so I'll have to enjoy it vicariously through you guys. I expect lot of pics to be posted.
I think I'll start campaigning now for people to hug Ethan and say it's from me. If I can get, say, 20 people to hug him on my behalf I'll be a happy proxy stalker!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:16 am

Me, too, Dopple. October is not a month that I can be away from my business. Several writers I want to send hugs to. Kate, Abi, Ethan....the list is long.

And Patron Margaritas! They need to drink for me, too!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:36 pm

SwedeLover wrote:
OK..I am done with my farting about with my profile name and pic ....
I will stay SwedeLover henceforth.... and this warrior shall be my guy flirty

We have had all kinds of issues with my eldest daughter and her addiction to World of Warcraft - if she coulda she woulda played 24/7 so we got rid of the game. Then a couple of months later we substituted it for Skyrim but with really strict guidelines. It wasn't the same. This weekend we bought some Star Wars game.. and she was loading it, as was my younger daughter -- who used the log on details. Turns out the ONLY log on details cussing
Poor Sarah -- the world and the gaming universe is all against her why!!!

It is a struggle as she sees mum on FB and here and Goodreads so often; she doesn't understand why "because I said so" is just the way it is.. oy, teenagers! Rolling Eyes
Re. Alberquerque.... anyone else that wants to go I am sure that there are still spaces. I know I am planning to catch up with Nikki. Somehow. Somewhere. happy dance in between tamales, sangria, mojitos and margeritas!

Somehow...YES.....And our Swedelover is back very happy
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:12 pm

I would also LOVE LOVE LOVE to go but between budgetary constraints and October being a bad month its probably a NO-GO.... but I'm also known for last minute rash decisions so... I might sneak up on y'all!!!! Laughing Wink I'm totally down with Dopple stalker proxy plan. I would love the chance to meet most of the authors but without a doubt Ethan is the big draw. He probably has had the most averted disasters of you made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants scenarios!!! Laughing

And I agree u must eat some great Mexican food make sure to try some dives thats usually your best bet for some delicious authentic Mexican cuisine. And definitely make sure when u ask for your Margaritas to ask for Patron or Herradura, NO Cuervo!!! I'm a Tequila expert drunk have done a few tastings with the hubby in MX.

And my doors are open for anyone wanting to come to Florida to explore?!?! bounce
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:20 am

Sabby--I love Patron. It's the only one I'll shoot! Laughing I get a little.....drunk. I have heard a lot about Herradura but have never tried it. Hmmmm.....sounds like something in my future!
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:11 am

I wouldn't touch Cuervo with a ten foot pole. That would be cruel to the pole.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:13 am

Ever had any Patron Platinum? OMG.....hick....
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Ok, I like Cuervo and I don;t like some of the others. I guess I'm a budget tequilla type of gal...but when it comes to Whiskey...ya gotta get the good stuff.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 2:35 pm

I've got a nice Sauza reposada.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:17 pm

yeah, I'm not fussy about brands of alcohol Swedelover and I only drink midori margeritas -- so maybe the tequila isn't that important. Certainly after the first "couple" you'd never know Wink maybe shots would be different.. I have never ever done tequila shots!!

Last edited by SwedeLover on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:32 pm

I will never ever do tequila shots again.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:36 pm

I'm thinking we should take a PURLS t'shirt to GRL, get it signed by Ethan et al and give it as some kind of prize here afterwards -- what do you think?
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:05 pm

Good plan!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:11 pm

I'm all about plans.... the follow through is where I fail. Epic fail.
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:14 am

No there is a big difference in the taste of tequilas. Patron probably is the best Shay but a more moderately priced yet still pretty good taste is Herradura or my hubby's go to choice is Cazadores. You all have to do at least one round of shots as salute to the rest of us!! wine

Now um for something different there has been something weird happening to me for the last couple of months and was just curious if this has happened to anyone else....
Almost every night when I stop reading as I fall asleep and I believe continue in some snippets of dreams I continue on with the story where I left off... apparently as I see fit confused so than when I wake up and pick up where I left off I become confused because I sometimes cant remember what I really read or what I made up... isn't that odd?!?!?! scratch
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:20 am

OH HECK NO no idea I have been having the weirdest dreams -- check Daniel's thread -- I dreamed that there was a map of Daeva; he is adamant that there isn't. But man, my dream was detailed thinking I am thinking I must have been thinking of Rifter maps. But I seriously think that we read SOOOOOO much that our little brains are overloaded!! well, that's my theory smile
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:27 am

YUP that's exactly what it feels like... like my brain is saying screw you maybe u cant finish the story wimp but I sure will even if I have to make up my own shit!!! cuckoo Twisted Evil And they are all very detailed and seem like plausible directions for the characters/storyline to go and than bam nope Suspect it was my bedtime twin's theory tongue !! Well its good to know I'm not alone in my insanity..... thanks Swede for joining me!!! high 5
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:43 am

I still have my AS (Alex Skarsgard) dreams. He's a fantastic kisser btw. air kiss
Gosh how I love those dreams fainting
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Sad Where is everyone? I am in the playroom all alone.....! whipping
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:44 pm

It has been quiet!! I think Daniel exhausted us all Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blah! Blah! Blah!   Blah! Blah! Blah! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blah! Blah! Blah!
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Recommendations...Calendar of Events..Polls & More... :: Blah! Blah! Blah!-
Jump to: