Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

March Book Club Read - PBC#3

Go down 
+4
uapeople
Starbrites
2shay
Barbara
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Barbara

Barbara

March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Empty
PostSubject: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:33 pm

OK... it is that time where we need to choose a new book to read. What we have decided is this :

star 2 books a month is too much to squeeze in for most of us, given that we already read so much outside of the book club.

star We plan to alternate between m/m and het over the months..so this month is m/m

So go for it.. place 2 recommendations each - within the m/m genre - from that I will collate the top 2 picks and have a final showdown. I also think that it is only fair to give Dreaming of You, by Ethan Day a bye into the final; as it was such a tight vote last time. Therefore there will be 3 in the final showdown.

Clear as mud right? and NO I havent been drinking... wine

Bottom line...place 2 picks from the m/m genre that you would like to read next, we will then vote on the most popular picks - and that will be the one we read
remember participation of Book Club Reads is NOT compulsary

Last edited by StillSwede on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 4:07 pm

OK.. these are my 2 picks :

The Rebuilding Year, by Kaje Harper
http://store.samhainpublishing.com/rebuilding-year-p-6677.html?osCsid=a2fc352b35bc82bbe324461c900b5393

Gravitational Attraction, by Angel Martinez
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13406392-gravitational-attraction

I am sure they are both at the big sellers too, these were the first links I latched onto
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Okay....I am reading it right now and I promise that I would happily do a reread! This is a really good read. I said on thread that it is like reading a collaboration between Abi Roux and Darynda Jones.

Shattered Glass by Dani Alexander

Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:11 pm

I think everyone is reading it lol... I know Andy, Whit and Aniko are smile
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:23 pm

I suggest...

Hot Head by Damon Suede. I heard it is really good.

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:26 pm

Ok ok I'll try reading a m/m. Pick one a noob like me would like!
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:27 pm

Unless Lord John counts...lol
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:11 am

Lord John counts a lot....to me.

Actually, uap, I think you could read Stattered Glass. Have you not read any of the m/m stuff? There are some really GREAT m/m writers and stories. You can always skip/skim the sex scenes....I did for a good long while. Ahem.....some of my early re-read were because I had skipped ALL the sex. It was a while before I was comfortable with much past kissing. Then.....hey....it's just sex. Then....somewhere along the way.....hey....these guys really care about each other. Later, I realized the intimacy between gay men is just as heart throbing as the intimacy between a man and a woman. That realization sort of, I don't know....changed my whole attitute about gay lovers in a lot of ways. Consider it a continueing education experience.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:22 am

Shattered Glass didn't have a lot of graphic sex, if you are interested in reading the genre but not quite ready to jump in whole hog that's a good place to start. Tigers and Devils by Sean Kennedy was the same way. Great story without much sexual detail.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:24 am

I've read Hot Head, Starbrites. I enjoyed it. I do know someone who didn't like it all that much. I'm not against reading it again for the book club.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:07 am

well, I though the LJ sex scenes were great. I loved Arys kissing Shaz in Trina's series. I liked some of the LKH stuff, but I haven't had all that without s girl somewhere involved, but I have no issues I don't think without a girl in it, just haven't read any yet (besides side characters).
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:15 pm

uap---Shattered Glass would probably be a good starting place, and a lot of us have read or are readin it. Lot's of us to discuss with. Fae's right. Tigers and Devils is a good read without a lot of explicit sex scenes. Most of us have read that.

My all time favorites? Josh Lanyon's Adrien English Mysteries in a close tie with JCP's PsyCop series in a very close tie with Urban and Roux's Cut and Run series. All time favorite stand alones? Zero At The Bone, Shattered Glass and anything by Harper Fox.

I know there are others that someone will mention and I will respond....well, crap...can't believe I left that out. Seriously, uap. Some of the best writers are writing m/m.

Josh Lanyon.....lyrical. Every word he writes.....wow. Reading his books is like reading mind poetry. In fact, I think Come Unto These Yellow Sands would be an EXCELLENT first choice. Not a real long book, either.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Alright, so this month for book club we're looking at

The Rebuilding Year

Gravitational Attraction

Hot Head

and I'm thinking we should just make it a BC choice that some of us read early Shattered Glass

Does anyone else have something they are interested in?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:24 pm

From the previews and reviews on Amazon, my vote would be for Hot Head. I couldn't find Gravitational Attraction, though. I have read several things about Hot Head, and have thought about buying it a couple of times. So...that my vote...

HOT HEAD........oh, I get 2 votes? Okay....second vote...

HOT HEAD
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:59 am

I own Hot Head- it was really cheap at some point so I bought for my kindle. I vote for that!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:55 am

OK.... Go for it ladies; what you gonna pick? coffee
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:02 am

I voted for Shattered Glass because I LOVED it sooooooo much!!! I just read it but I'll read it again. Hot Head would work for me because I've never read it but I DO own it smile I'll always reread anything Ethan Day heart I can't lose in this poll very happy
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Ain't that the truth, Showme? This one is gonna be fun.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Had to go with Shattered Glass based on all the rave reviews! I've already purchased it, so it's going to get read regardless.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Ohhhhhh, it's getting close!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:28 pm

I would not mind a reread of Shattered Glass at all...! Great story.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Shattered Glass on high on my TBR pile ready and waiting.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm thinking I'm calling this as Hot Head by Damon Suede as our March pick.

It's readily available in both ebook and paperback formats from both Amazon and B&N.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:48 pm

Okay....Hot Head it is! I will go get it.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 12:49 pm

I am still reading Keri Arthur's but after I will read that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March Book Club Read - PBC#3   March Book Club Read - PBC#3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March Book Club Read - PBC#3
Page 1 of 1