Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Romancing The Kilt (HET)

Go down 
+2
2shay
gracious-plenty
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

Romancing The Kilt (HET) Empty
PostSubject: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 9:10 pm

Romancing The Kilt (HET) Kilt10 Romancing The Kilt !! Romancing The Kilt (HET) 1ecossais

Braveheart

heart This thread is a place to pay homage to the KILT & the gorgeous Highland men Romancing The Kilt (HET) Kilt10 that wear them. heart

Because of the growing popularity of men in kilts, it 's just to hard to keep up with every author's individual threads. So to simplfy things, we can discuss whatever and whomever here !!! yap-yap

Romancing The Kilt (HET) Thbagpipe

On special occassions like new book release day and author chats, then we'll bring back their individual threads which are currently archived. excited

G-P, Fae, showme, Dopp and Swede FLF

Last edited by gracious-plenty on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:39 am

The bag pipe playing kiltie is fantastic! YAY!
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 2:32 pm

twirling

They have so many fun smileys to choose from. When I eventually had more spare time I would like to refresh our current ones. Wink
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:11 pm

A couple of kilties, a couple of cowboys....yay. Do we have a blushing smilie? I have had a few places where that would have worked, but I have never run across a smilie for blushing.
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 3:21 pm

Oh ya girl.. There are literally smilys for everything. When all is semi complete, I will work on adding some new ones. I still owe Sabby her own smiley. NO I haven't forgotten you dear sabby.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:55 am

OMG I soooo want to buy this....and be my own laird...
http://www.highlandtitles.com/index.asp
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 11:07 am

Ok, I am now a Lady in title... twirling
Officially I am tied to Scotland now...yeay

Last edited by uapeople on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:32 pm

Not very good with discriptions but A Time To Love by Gail Symmonds was fantastic! Just had to throw this out there to anyone still loving the Time Travel/Scottish Romances.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:31 am

thanks. I'll add it to my TBR list
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:00 am

I've missed stuff here!

uap, did you buy a square foot of land in Scotland? And does that mean we now have to refer to you as Lady Uapeople? (I kinda like that!)
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 11:03 am

Yes, I bought some land 10x10 (i bought a little larger) and I got this whole thing. I can even legally change my name to lady! LMAO...Lady Uapeeps. Could've picked Lord or Laird also...lol. I can picnic on my land if I ever go back. It is now being reforested so it is a good thing. It is not far from Wentworth if I remember right (it was definitely close to a landmark from Diana Gabaldon series).
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Reading Lady Isabella's Scandalous Marriage by Jennifer Ashley

I read the first story in this series some time ago, The Maddness Of Lord Ian MacKensie, at the urging of Dawnscrown form CH forum. Lord Ian's maddness is a high functioning form of autism that we refer to today as Ausberger's.....I think. It was so very, very good! It was a long time before this second book came out and the reviews weren't great because the first book was just amazing. I am almost half way through, and I have to STRONGLY disagree with the negative reviews. This story is very good. The MacKensie brothers, four of them, are very wealthy Highland lords in the 1840s. The head of the family, Hart, is a member of the House Of Lords and has had a fairly tragic history with women. One of the middle brothers, Mac, is the main protag in this book. Loving my historical romances.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:11 am

Sounds good Shay. I am off to look this up.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:50 am

SB--These people.....I love the people in these stories. Lord Ian, with his autism. He is a virtual savant! But terribly misunderstood. Now there is Mac who's story I just finished. It has left me just twitching for the next book. I have a couple of books already downloaded that I want to read BADLY, but I am abandoning all my reading plans to go to the next book in this series...The Many Sins of Lord Cameron. Another of the MacKinzie brothers. I know from the previous books that he was married, his wife died, he has a 15 year old son, he raises the best race horses in England and is a notorious womanizer. I am going to start it today.

star Lord Mac star

He's an artist. A painter. Very talented. He likes to wear an old kilt when he paints because his butler gets really testy when he gets paint on his clothes. He likes to paint nudes of his wife.....she often creeps under the kilt.....oh....she says he has a glorious body that she can't help but look at.....and he is a drunk. They didn't even have a wod for alcoholism at the time. She left him three and a half years before the start of this story. His struggles to get his drinking under control and win back his wife are what this story is about. The brothers have problems, the two I've read about so far. Most of their problems seem to have started because of a brutal father. Can't wait to read Cameron's story. These books are all about the social issues of the time. If these men hadn't been rich, they could not have dealt. Makes me wonder how many didn't. Drunkeness was pretty much acctpted at the time, but Mac and Isabella fought through it. I love them.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 10:59 am

I'm intrigued, 2shay. I dont believe I've read a romance novel with an Asperger's / Savant hero. Or one battling real alcoholism, for that matter.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 12:30 pm

Dopp--The Maddness Of Lord Ian MacKenzie is an amazing story. If you don't read the rest, read this one. Well, Ian tells the absolute truth. He can't help it. The family is very rich or they wouldn't be able to deal with some of the problems they face. Ian truly is a hero in this story. Worth your time.

ETA: Lord Ian, in today's world, would be considered very high functioning.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:56 pm

Romancing The Kilt (HET) Kilt10

OMG love this!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 1:58 pm

uap--Have you read Jennifer Ashley's MacKensie brothers books? I would love your opinion.

ETA: Just a little snippet....Most of the MacKensies were killed in the'45. The only survivor was named Malcolm MacKensie. LOL......I thought that would tickle Outlander fans. Lots of MacKensies in the Highlands.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 6:21 pm

uapeople wrote:
Romancing The Kilt (HET) Kilt10

OMG love this!

That is the best one yet!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 8:13 pm

OMG, that smilie is too cute! It doesn't animate when I view from my phone, so I had no idea until just now that it loses it's kilt!

But I can't find it in the smilie menu. Sad
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:59 am

star The Many Sins Of Lord Cameron star

This one didn't work for me. I finished it. Sort of. Mostly skimming and skipping. Serious mental illness in a pregnant wife with husband abuse. Nope. I didn't buy that a huge Highlander let his wife nearly beat him to death more than once. However, I kept skimming looking for more about Hart. Hart has a "dark secret". A fiancee who julted him, a wife who died in childbirth and a very long term mistress who just died as well. What does it say about me that the "dark" side has me hooked now and I have already pre-ordered Hart's book even though the last one was a skimmer? I would insert the kilty guy here if I could find it.

Anyway, I have moved on to Shattered Glass. I can say that if the first couple of chapters are any indication, Swede is right. This is going to be a great read.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:07 am

2shay wrote:
uap--Have you read Jennifer Ashley's MacKensie brothers books? I would love your opinion.

ETA: Just a little snippet....Most of the MacKensies were killed in the'45. The only survivor was named Malcolm MacKensie. LOL......I thought that would tickle Outlander fans. Lots of MacKensies in the Highlands.

no I haven't...need to add
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 9:10 am

I copied the kilt image from the start page of this thread. I just added it with image around it's hyperlink....

https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/16/16/82/01/kilt10.gif

so without spaces this [ img ] https://i.servimg.com/u/f46/16/16/82/01/kilt10.gif [ /img ]
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:40 am

I am halfway through the second MacKinnon Rangers book from Pamela Clare. The history part is interesting and the romance is pretty good but it certaininly isn't Diana Gabaldon worthy. That said, I am enjoying them. I have to pick up some history books now to get better aquanted with the conditions and French Indian war all the way up to and including the Revolutionary War. If I am not mistaken when I was in Scotland and went to the museaum in the Edinburgh castle, the MacKinnon Rangers things were on display quite a bit and they were allowed to wear kilt unifoms. I never heard of eating dry cornmeal with a sip of water. Have ti find out if that is accurate.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 am

Ugh! Dry cornmeal would be horrible! It would damage your teeth, too. That would be like eating sand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romancing The Kilt (HET)   Romancing The Kilt (HET) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Romancing The Kilt (HET)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Need A Little Romance- *Contemporary * Historical * Kilts * :: Romancing The Highlander & His Kilt-
Jump to: