Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS

Go down 
+9
ferdy
uapeople
sabby
Greencat
Starbrites
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
gracious-plenty
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
uapeople

uapeople

All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:35 pm

Can't wait to get back to reading

star FAIR GAME star

left off when they were about to get a boat to the killing spot because the water sprite spoke to Charles and had brought he body to shore because of the blood magic still on the body and it's taint bothered them. I think that crazy witch is still around but somehow stuck with the serial killer...either by choice because she is nuts enough to enjoy that stuff or she is being tortured too. I wonder if Leslie is going to meet the fae who gave her the card and fall in L..O..V...E....lol.

I hope Charles comes back to Anna and that she doesn't give up on him....I don't think she will.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:24 am

star Fair Game and River Marked star
Doppleganger wrote:
The scene at the cafe is what upset me. Mercy notices all the attention Adam is getting and jokes around, gets all dreamy-eyed, and tells him he's beautiful. She's thinking that she isn't pretty enough for him, and it ticked me off that Adam didn't do anything to alleviate that. Seemed out of character for a newlywed couple too. It was just....wrong. Sad
I could have lived with being ticked at Adam over that if the camping hadn't been so boring. I loved the beginning with Stefan (I always love Stefan). But once Adam and Mercy went out to their camper honeymoon it was a snorefest. I gave up on the book and didn't finish.

THIS. I was looking forward to RM so badly because I wanted to see all the Mercy/Adam goodness..but there was no good moments between the two Mad. It was like they had no chemistry and the spark was gone..the storyline was boring too. I wish Adam had been more attentive about Mercy's insecurities. And I still haven't figured out who the hell Mercy's dad is scratch .. and the amount of fathers she's got is ridiculous..she had her foster father, stepfather, bio father, coyote in bio father and Bran!!
I hope PB is back to her gold standard in the next Mercy book. Is there not going to be any more A&O books?? Because Fair Game didn't feel like an end of a series book to me..I really want to see Charles adjusting to not being an executioner anymore and how the Bran handles anyone that needs executing and how Anna brings up kids and the poss of surrogacy with Charles and I'd like to see his reaction coffee .
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 11:44 am

star Darkness Rising star

uapeople wrote:
Finished Keri Arthur's Risa 2nd book. I found it took me a really long time to read this one. I don't know if it was real life or this was my first Keri Arthur meh book. I guess I'll wait for some others to read and let me know if it was just me. usually she doesn't dissapoint ever.

I really liked the 2nd Risa book..I'm actually liking Risa series over the Riley series. The only thing I didn't like was how Risa was so blind to Lucian obviously having a hidden agenda..I didn't buy how she kept defending him when she barely knows him..they've only known each other a few weeks..Risa is not that DUMB about everything else but the author made her dumb just so she could prolong the love triangle and so RIsa could no doubt feel the sting of betrayl when she finds out Luican's been playing her all along.
I love Raziel, him Risa have great chemistry..It's obvious he's falling for Risa. I really want to know more about the reapers, the Aedh and the journalist guy who betrayed Risa. I don't really get why Risa felt responisible and guilty for her mothers death..it wasn't her fault at all.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 6:52 am

star fair game end star

Ok, so I know they are weres and instinctual and that they were mated and all...but sex on a creepy island while others are trying to save a young girl from rape and torture while the father is there....a little unbelievable even if the wolf bond was broke and the blood magic was making her doubt him.

I loved the alpha of the Boston pack. He was pretty funny also. I hope we see him more.

I noticed how in the beginning Anna was trying to think of how she could either stay wolf or human long enough in the pregnancy to deliver Charles a baby. Then at the end the fae helped him shift really quick. I wonder if the fae hold the knowledge/magic that can keep a female were from shifting at the full moon. Maybe that will be dangled in front of them when the war starts.

I like the whole idea of the fae going to war with humans. This is gonna be interesting. I wonder what some of the other fae that are out are going to do or feel.

Will the vampires come out? Will they team up with the fae? Will there be people standing up for the humans and some siding with fae and split the supe communities in half?

Overall, this was a really quick read for me and I really liked it. Wasn't the best of her work, but it kept me entertained.

Now I will read everyone else's comments

Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 6:56 am

star Darkness rising star
I think it was that...she doesn't want to face the music....she doesn't want to know that Lucian has an agenda and she doesn;t want to face her feelings for Raziel. I wonder if she is going to however it is Aediah bond sort of like Riley did with Qhuinn through her wolf and vampire when they do and they will have sex. I hope he doesn't have some whammies of secrets too, but I'm sure he does.
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 7:09 am

As for River marked...it was meh and the romance....what romance...here we thought we'd have this beautiful wedding and it was blah. No one really even said anything interesting and some people weren't even there. Then there was no honeymoon like interaction between the too. It was just a huge disappointment IMO.

star Fair game star
Wait....this is the last???? Maybe we will pick up another side series with Samuel or another???/I am loving that old wolf that gardens and Bran....I love him. Well with the ending maybe we will see all the characters in the next Mercy ones

I totally missed that the poster boy was the creep and I shoudl have picked up on that.

I loved Tom and Moira, too. That was who they were thinking of when talking about a pack's witch I'm sure.

How was Charles born again as a wolf? I totally forget? Samuel was human from Bran and a human woman and turned right?

As for the amount of violence and rape...I think in real life it is very realistic. There is a lot more abuse, rape, violence against woman in real life than in most books series I read. I do agree that for some characters in this series they get over it way too easily.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 10:30 pm

uapeople wrote:

star Fair game star
Wait....this is the last???? Maybe we will pick up another side series with Samuel or another??

How was Charles born again as a wolf? I totally forget? Samuel was human from Bran and a human woman and turned right?

As for the amount of violence and rape...I think in real life it is very realistic. There is a lot more abuse, rape, violence against woman in real life than in most books series I read. I do agree that for some characters in this series they get over it way too easily.

Yea, I've read somewhere that it's the last..I hope it's not true..I really think one more book's needed to wrap things up with Charles and Anna..unless they play a large role a future book of Mercy's.
I think Charles was born a wolf because well 1)Bran was a wolf at the time and 2) he was mated to that native american woman who had magical powers of some sort..her name was blujay or blurbird or something??
I feel the opposite in regards to the amount of rape and violence in Briggs books and in UF/PNR in general...maybe it's just what I'm reading?? Pretty much all of Patricia Briggs heroines have been raped in her Mercy series, A&O series and her fantasy series..it's just a bit much. And in a lot of UF/PNR I've read so many of the heroines have been raped and it's mostly not handled well..Riley from Riley Jensen series, Mac from Fever series, Eve from In death series, Chess from Downside Ghosts series, Sookie Stackhouse, Elena in WotW series.. sometimes I feel authors just write that the heroines have been raped just to make them more tragic and more sympathethic..JMO.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:21 am

ferdy....I agree with you. There is a lot of violence and rape in the real world, but I think the whole "rape" dynamic is over played in PR/UF. A devise to show the building of trust? I think so.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:27 am

PsyChangling Series.....

Okay. Something has finally captured my attention. Whew.....I tried the Angel's Blood book, but the massive difference in power between the Archangel and the female mc just left me flat. Would someone tell me if that changes? A being so powerful that he could literally think you to death is just too much. But, very early in Slave To Sensation, I am captivated! Finally.....
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 8:41 am

Yes, the dynamic between Elena and Raphael changes. Raphael stays much more powerful, though. He is an archangel, after all. The power difference does get less page time and...other stuff happens.

I love the Psy/Changeling books. You need to be very thankful you are starting these AFTER Hawk's book was written. I waited a long time for that man's book.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 9:30 am

Just a little way in and not having a lot of time today, I can already see that I am going to like this story. A lot.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:03 pm

Ok, just picked up Fair Game from the Library. Now, I have to finish Magic without Mercy and Crave and then I have to get on it because there is one heck of a waiting list and I wont be able to renew if I don't get it done in the amount of time they gave me. So within a few days!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:36 pm

twirling Enjoyed Slave To Sensation twirling May have given me the courage to carry on. I can read again without slamming my kindle shut in frustration because there were no worthy books after Lover Reborn.
Back to top Go down
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:37 am

I love the psy/changeling series.. I thought Hawke's book was a bit of a letdown because there were to many fade to black scenes and he had to share the book with another couple.
Slave to Sensation was great but I went from loving Sasha to disliking her as the series progressed..she's become so Mary Sue-ish and too little miss perfect..bleugh.

I read on someone's blog that they asked Patricia Briggs about the A&O series at a signing and that she said that they will be a fourth A&O book, but she also something alomg the lines of.. that Anna and Charles had their HEA in the third book and that she didn't want to mess with that..so she might right another perosons POV..she also said she no plans to write a Bran book Sad.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks, ferdy.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:38 am

Just finished Fair Game. This is what I wrote about it for goodreads.

Patricia Briggs surprised me a few different times in this book. She really set the ending up good to lead into the next Mercy book. I enjoyed Anna and Charles much more in this book then I did in the previous ones. The story was great in the other books but I just had a hard time getting attached to those two. The ending shocked the heck out of me. I know there will be some big repercussions for what the Fae did but I was giddy that the sick *Cough* *Bad word* got what was coming to him. He deserved it. A side character that I fell in total awe with was Isaac. It would be great to know more about him. All and all I really enjoyed this book and even if she does not write another with them in it the story will still go on threw Mercy or someone else. I don't see her ending this world anytime soon. At least I hope not.

Oh and this is just for here. She actually had some smexy in her book. I couldn't believe it. I don't remember her having that in this series or Mercys. I know above I said I was in awe of Isaac but the more I think about the more I have to admit I loved him. She needs to write a book from his POV. Did anyone else love him as much as I did? I know he was just a small side character but he made an impression on me.

star FG star

How awesome was it that the Fae prince lord guy just rode up on his horse and chopped that sick pricks head off?

Well, that's it for my comments tonight. smile
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 6:49 am

I still have yet to read the A & O series. It's been on mt TBR pile forever already I\'m waiting
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
ferdy

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 11:39 am

starbrites wrote:
Just finished Fair Game.
I know above I said I was in awe of Isaac but the more I think about the more I have to admit I loved him. She needs to write a book from his POV. Did anyone else love him as much as I did? I know he was just a small side character but he made an impression on me.

star FG star

How awesome was it that the Fae prince lord guy just rode up on his horse and chopped that sick pricks head off?

Well, that's it for my comments tonight. smile

star Fair Game star

I loved Isaac too, I've never really liked Charles all that much so Isaac seemed even more interesting..I would deffo read a book in his POV.

I was so happy that the fae prince killed that rapist scum..he deserved that and more..it was my fave scene. I'm also glad the fae declared themselves a seperate nation. I can't believe that the rapist guy was found not guilty just because he was human and only killed fae and werewolves..it was disgusting and I think the humans deserve to be scared.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 4:10 pm

SB--I liked your comment. Good job.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:56 pm

I'm finally reading Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh. I'm not loving it so far because the main couple are only a third of the book. It's hard to get into to them when they're so whiny and barely in the book. As Fay put it, it Hawk and Sienna book two so far and I'm getting sick of them. I'm welcoming every page of Kaleb and Vasic I can get in love
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 10:17 am

As much as I love Singh I really didn't love this particular book. I did think the best parts were the Vasic and Kaleb POVs. I suspect, and am hoping, that Kaleb's book is next. Or at least only one more book away.
Back to top Go down
calimama

calimama

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:10 am

I think I'm going to wait for Tangle of Need to go to paperback so they drop the Kindle price.

Fae, I so hope that Kaleb's book is next. Now, I would buy that book immediately.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:54 pm

Just finished Tangle of Need. The couple were a bit meh in this one, I like the furthering relationship with Hawk and Sienna better. The Psy story line held more interest for me. Kaleb hasn't made a bit impact on me, no need to Owen me ladies lol. I'm sure he will grow on me. But I will admit I'm sure I would enjoy his book. I'm interested in how the Psy Arc turns out.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:03 am

As much as I do want the Kaleb book, I think I want Vasic's more.
Back to top Go down
planetcheese

planetcheese

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:21 pm

I just read Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson. The cover has recommendations from Karen Chance and Faith Hunter. So I gave it a try. Wow, am I glad I did. This series has a lot of potential. I like the main character and all the secondary ones. Here's the blurb...

It's not easy being a girl.

It's even harder when you're the only girl in a family of werewolves.

But it's next to impossible when your very existence spells out the doom of your race.

Meet Jessica McClain - she just became part of the pack.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS   All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Things....WERE-A-LICIOUS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2