Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's all about Vamps

Go down 
+8
Barbara
showmethelove
sabby
Starbrites
2shay
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
gracious-plenty
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
showmethelove
showmethelove

It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:37 am

I have Once Burned! I haven't caught up on Cat and Bones. Should I wait to read it? Is it good?
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:03 am

I haven't caught up on Cat and Bones either, but I'm not lost at all.
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:57 am

I'm almost done! Love the humour in this book.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:13 pm

/

Last edited by 2shay on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:46 am

I loved it. here are my initial comments from jeaniene's fansite http://www.frostfans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2263

star Once Burned star
Finished! Loved Loved Loved it...but it was Vlad so how could I not!
I agree about Vlad being a sex god and not having to go through legions of women to gain his skills.
When asked a question Vlad answers with brutal honesty like with the girlfriends.
It takes guts and confidence to let leila touch the manicles and other parts of his history, either he really was confident that she would still accept him becasue he had a good read on her OR he still is trying to be reserved in his feelings OR he figures if she can't accept me as is for who I am then it will never work OR protecting his people is still more important than even his love life OR he knows that leila feels the same.
Loved the Cat and Bones with Mencheres and Kira cameo and witty banter as well. Loved that Bones taught Leila to sing the most annoying songs. Wish we heard more of what she was singing each time instead of just some. There are a lot of annoying 80s songs! Agree Ken and Barbie was hystercial. Seeing them from another POV was great and the whole Bones in a dress. Hilarious.
Loved that Vlad was watching a vampire movie. Twilight maybe?
The whole role playing Dracula stuff was hysterical.
I totally think she is going to get her powers back. I think Vlad left and after looking through the rubble for the bad guy who I think is NOT dead and will haunt them like cat's dad, Greagor, etc., he will make a romantic gesture. I do think he will take her as his 1st vampire marriage wife.

Questions/Thoughts/Musings
Forgive me but I forgot how does a vampire takes a wife- so they just announce it in front of a witness? I think so right?
Do you think Ben could have taken vampire blood before he passed? I am thinking ghoul here! Her very own Dave!
I think I answered my own question but it really confused me how when Lila connects to someone in the present or their past or fuyure how Vlad couldn't hear her head until she was disconnected. But he and the bad guy could her her when she connected to her. I guess it's because she is connecting in the present to them so they can.
Do any of you see Leila's sister as a possible flame for Ian? She is so overly blunt I can so see it. Having Ian be around all the time to annoy Vlad in future books can be hysterical IMO.
Can anyone see Leila's dad as taking some vampite blood to heal his leg and joining Don's team (maybe he even knows Don).
Who do you think Vlad has been with Vampire wise? did we hope it wasn't Annette? Wonder if Leila will bunp into an ex.
Let me get this straight....Vlad had married the wife and had a son (who the bad guy killed after Vlad became a Vampire) and the wife thought Vlad dead so she committed sucide so not to be tortured by his enemies. Then he married again when he was a vampire and pretended that that women's child was his. Was this one killed, too? What happened to that wife?
If Mencheres can see the future but it almost never (or never) changes, then how come Leila's visions are so easy to change? I wonder what that means. maybe becasue the abilities are different or that Leila sees impressions and Mencheres only sees very strong fates? Oh I am so confused. I also wonder if Mencheres will get that ability back. ANd speaking of abilities, I am assuming Vlad has Mencheres's ability to just kill someone dead and has been hiding it all these years. That he also got it from Tenoch like Mencheres. If he had the future visions, I think he wouldn't be so facinated in Leila's ability.
I wonder if Leila is ever captured again if she can just stay in a vision so other mind reading vapires can't get anything off her.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 9:56 pm

star Once Burned star

Uap, you said it so well! I thought the Cat, Bones, Mencheres, & Kira cameo was the best part of the book. I loved that Leila couldn't help but think those funny insults. Bones had it coming! LOL

I was really hoping to see Leila's dad take some vampire blood to heal his leg, but at least we got to see a reconciliation between him and Leila. (Awwwww) And Ben! If Frost doesn't bring Ben back somehow, I'm going to be disappointed. I really liked him. I'm also hoping we'll see a flame (heehee) for Maximus in Book 2 - I felt so bad for him. Vlad set him up!

I really enjoyed this book, like Shay said it was hard to put down. But I soo wanted Vlad's POV. He was a bit of a jerk, and without all the banter between him and Bones, or the touching scenes between him and Cat, he felt....stale. Maybe if I had his POV I would have seen some more emotion.

I still want Leila to put a light bulb in her mouth. Or maybe a more modern equivalent....maybe she could learn to control her talent to be useful instead of destructive. She could recharge iphones or jumpstart dead car batteries! thinking
Back to top Go down
Greencat

Greencat

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:53 am

So many things to think about now UAP thanks! Ian and Lelia's sister now that could be fun. I also enjoyed the cameo from the others, Vlad and Bones just crack me up. I\'m waiting is it a whole year till we get the next one?????
Back to top Go down
uapeople

uapeople

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 12:11 pm

star Once Burned star
I think that Vlad was holding back and instead of words, he showed his trust/feelings via his actions...heck he is the one who impaled his best friends and followers and he let her smack him in front of his people...he knew she could pick up on any memory becasue of all the things in his house. I think he didn't banter/joke with Leila so much because part of him is trying to hold back but he isn't going to be able to. He's in Looooove. I do want to see his thoughts, but you really don;t see Bone's thoughts either. It's only the side series like EKOD and Spade's book that you see both POVs. It leaves a little suspense that way as well.

I keep picturing uncle fester now!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Goodreads lists the publication date for the sequel to Once Burned, Twice Tempted, as March 2013. Cat & Bones #7, Up From The Grave, is listed as releasing in February 2013.

Goodreads dates aren't always accurate, but if this is true Feb/March next year is going to be fun!

star Samson's Lovely Mortal star

I loved this book! It's been a while since a vampy romance hooked me so quickly. A vamp with ED issues who sees a psychologist - LMAO! It was a little like Kerrelyn Sparks with the hysterical situational setups, but without the campiness.
It did wrap up a little too fast, but then I read it in two days so maybe my perception of 'fast' is skewed.
Oh, and the sex in this book is hawt. Shower sex! Makeup sex! Playful sex! Even some angry sex between side characters. I would say this book rides that line between romance and erotica well. There's a lot of sex but it was all in context with the story.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 8:11 am

Dopple, I downloaded Samson's Lovely Mortal. I don't know when I will get to it. I am reading Maya Bank's newest book in her KGI series, and then I still have a couple of books from Jill Shalvis. Soon, though!
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:49 am

Another Maya Banks Series I have not gotten too yet. I hear it's pretty good though. How do you like it Shay?
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:00 pm

You haven't read KGI, starbrites? I think it's her very best! KGI is the Kelly Group International, I think. A bunch of brothers who have a para-military group that does rescues and stuff for the government and individuals. One of the best of it's type.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Nope, I haven't shay but it's on my list. When you finally get a chance to read Samson's lovely mortal you'll be blown away right from the first page.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 7:16 pm

It is next up on my list!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's all about Vamps   It's all about Vamps - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's all about Vamps
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance Collections :: Urban Fantasy & Paranormal Romance - General Discussion-
Jump to: