Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kate Sherwood

Go down 
+5
KateS
showmethelove
FaeLadyFaye
2shay
Barbara
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:50 pm

And Loose Id, and Dreamspinner... I purchase about 95% of my books from B&N and Fictionwise. I've also seen Kobo as the only retailer of some books.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:17 pm

Wow! That is alot of different sites to chose from. Thanks for the info!

Started reading this earlier today but I didn't get that much into it because it has been such a busy day and I haven't had much free time. Hopefully I can get a bit in before bedtime..
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:01 pm

A lot of authors first bring out their books at "small" publishers like Torquere, Silver Publishing, Breathless, Dreamspinner, Loose ID etc and then the big boys step in like B&N and Amazon. The author gets a bigger cut if you buy from the publisher but obviously that isn't always the easiest or cheapest option for us buyers. Especially with the Fictionwise discount codes. I know LB Gregg used a totally new (to me) publisher for her Xmas story. I struggle to keep up with them all.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 10:58 pm

So I finally got a chance to read more tonight and I had to make myself stop. So far it's really good and very emotional.

star star DH star star

Dan just got the phone call saying Justin has passed away. I think I've already cried twice so far and I'm only 25% in.

The only thing I'm trying to get used to is the writing. I don't think I've ever read a book where the POV talks about themselves by name. Sense it's late and I'm tired I can't think of what that's called. It's not a bad thing just different. Something to get used too.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:29 am

I think Dark Horse is third person present tense.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:07 am

Also, if you haven't figured it out yet, keep in mind that you are reading the pov of a guy who never even finished high school. It bothered me at first, too. Then I was so entranced by the story that I just fell into it completely.

ETA: This may be spoilerish....I thought Kate was brilliant in her writing. She showed us a young man who is very smart and terribly under educated. He is also totally disconnected from his own life. He is being completely faithful to the man who defined him. Completed him. His lover has no chance of living and Dan has not come to terms with that. Third person present tense.......(no clue...taking it on faith) was the perfect "voice" for this story.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 10:31 pm

star star DH star star

Just finished part one! So, when you guys said to have tissues ready, what you really ment was to have a whole flippen box of tissues ready and available.

Loving this book!! Yes, reading in the third person is different and it takes some getting used to but I'm handling it well. At first I just kept thinking it sounded weird. I've never read a book like that before. But I am getting the hang of it.

I want to ask a crap load of questions but I don't want to spoil it for myself either. I have to keep yelling at mysef to stay away from the first 8 pages of this thread. Now, I have to sleep. Sad

Damn good book so far!!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:57 am

SB---My face was swollen.......the scene at the funeral home.....never read ANYTHING so heart breaking......
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:02 am

Me too shay!

Just popped in real quick to say part 2 has sucked me in and I'm so glad today is a lazy day with nothing going on cause this book has me trapped!

Ok, back to reading! smile
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:58 pm

Did you read the shorts that go between the books?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:11 pm

Not yet. I'm 84% into the 1st book. I went to goodreads and checked to see what order they go in but there after the first book. I have them ready and waiting to go though.
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:03 pm

star star Dark Horse Book 1 star star

Still not finished yet but I had to write this right now. I have read some funny shit before but nothing and I mean nothing can top Evan explaing how the threesome will work. The executive, The Plumber and The Pizza Boy!! That had to be the funniest thing I have ever read.. I am still laughing..

Ok, Just had to get that out of my system!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:55 pm

heart Evan heart
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:12 pm

star star Dark Horse Book 1 star star

Finished! Ok, hands down that book was F-in awesome and that's all I even have to say about it! smile Now I just have to read whatever shorts come before the 2nd book..
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:32 pm

Dark Horse will be on my fav list forever...!
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 8:08 pm

Yep! Kate is one of my Auto-buys! twirling
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:39 am

star star Sometimes you just know star star

I loved this short but now I am a little depressed.. Sad How in the world can she write just a litte oh line at the end that makes me cry? I think sense I know the outcome to Justin it made me even more sad.

Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:50 am

SB--That was a tough little read. Short and heart breaking.....
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:04 am

As much as I bawled through Dark Horse I'm quite stunned to say I found SYJK to actually be beautiful and a bit uplifting. Yeah, we know what happens to Justin and Willow, but we also know how much love and joy they will have together for the next few years. Even Kate has said she imagines this Justin and Dan to live in an accident free alternate universe.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 9:20 am

Yeah, Fae. I really loved seeing them be happy for a while. It was great.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 pm

the minute I 'saw' that horse..I was bawling Sad
Back to top Go down
sabby

sabby

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Yeah I agree although it was tough knowing what happens to Justin; it was good to see how there relationship started and how much Justin loved Dan. Instead of just being "told" how their relationship was.... if that makes sense no idea ?
Back to top Go down
Starbrites

Starbrites

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:49 am

I have read both major books and all 6 of the shorts and I find myself a little addicted to Dan, Evan, Jeff and even Chris. Please someone tell me that there will there be more to this series?

These books were fantastic and I loved that with the shorts we didn't just get Dans POV. It was nice knowing what the others were thinking and feeling.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:07 pm

There will be more to this series. And, I'm not just saying that 'cause you asked nicely. There really will be more to this series.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 1:25 pm

And book 3 proper is soon smile March I think !! I feel a group read coming on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kate Sherwood   Kate Sherwood - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kate Sherwood
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next