Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Contemporary

Go down 
+5
Doppleganger
FaeLadyFaye
sabby
2shay
Barbara
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Barbara

Barbara

Contemporary - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:14 pm

I just started Moonlight Becomes You by Piper Vaughn. It is really good. I sussed out the plot curve ball thing straight away, but it didn't ruin the story. At. All. Just a nice easy, sexy, mini-angst-yet-still-sweet romp with 2 sexy rockers.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:37 am

I think I'll read that one next, Barb. I've been looking at it for a while, and I liked her short story in the DRitC anthology. After I've finished the bhook I'm currhently rheading Wink
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:05 am

That's a ghood one!!

I read the little freebie as well Beyond Moonlight which was a perfect collection of 3 stories that tie up book 1. Book 2 - The Luckiest is going to be a goodie because Nicky is one helluva baddie Twisted Evil

Right now I am reading Something Different by SA Reid. It is very good! London based - which I love; about average Joe who never does anything remotely fun , married to an awful woman (although I hate that as a trope) goes out one night to pick up a hooker. But ends up with a rent boy -- as you do Wink I am just over halway and really enjoying it.

Ths is my second Reid book, the first being Protection which was incredible. It is prison based and does involve a rape; but the story is amazing -- you will cry. A. Lot !!
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 2:23 pm

WAUGH! I don't wanna cry.....don't wanna cry!

I got the Piper Vaughn book's too. I'm thinking of reading Between Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton or The Heart of Texas by RJ Scott.
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:14 pm

Ooooh can we do the Cowboy together ?? pray
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Sure. I don't think I've bought it yet but that never stops me. It looks really good.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:11 pm

I think I've got an SA Reid book somewhere... It's either already on my kindle or on my TBR list. I'll have to check now!

I've read both of those, Whit. Both are good, but I think I preferred Between Sinners And Saints. But, cowboys Wink
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:13 am

I finished The Heart of Texas by RJ Scott. Very steamy and thoroughly entertaining read.

I had planned on starting Bludman next but.....you know how plans go smile So I started Between Sinners and Saints. I love this book. Marie Sexton is so damn awesome!!! She's an autobuy for me. So I should have bought and read this when you girls were raving.
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Oops, I got The Heart of Texas mixed up with another one, because I haven't read it. So yay, I still have it to look forward to! Lol
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:49 am

I read There's Cock in this Book and yes,there was smile it was a very cute, very sexy story. There is meant to be a sequel but damned if I can find it
Back to top Go down
Barbara

Barbara

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:44 pm

I read Out In The Field by Kate McSomething yesterday. It was amazing. Just a lovely story - no shooting or cheating or any angst really. Just a beautiful love story between 2 current baseball players: one on his way out, one new shining star, and all the heartache of having to hide your relationship due to the fear of how Joe public may react , not to mention your your locker room buddies. I really think this would be a great book for High School kids to read. Recommended reading.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:41 am

readerchic sent me a link to a free book called Expectations by Liz Borino. It was free on Amazon. The reviews look really good. I haven't started it yet, but will soon. Have any of you read it?

Has anyone read Ethan's new book? I haven't even bought it. It is so different from his romantic comedies. I am just a little......worried. Sometimes when a writer goes down a different path, it works great. Sometimes not.

Confession. I haven't bought Irregulars, either. I am not a big fan of fantasy. Even by great authors. I will read it. Eventually.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:51 am

I think you would like the first two stories in The Irregulars, 2shay, but probably not the second two. Nicole Kimberling's and Josh Lanyon's stories are very much UF with a relatively calm mystery to solve. There is little to no magic or exhaustive world building.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks, Fae. You know I can't resist Josh. sigh.....Just haven't done it, yet.
Back to top Go down
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:14 am

I read most of Beyond Complicated by Mercy Celeste last night. Uhhhhggg and bleh. I do NOT recommend.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:58 am

Really? Well, I was going to buy it yesterday but it wasn't available on amazon, o I was going to wait until Monday and get it on my pc. Guess I will just skip it. Too bad. I really like a Wicked Game and Iron Lace.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 9:49 am

Mercy Celeste has just announced that she is quiting writing after the debacle of trying to get Beyond Complicated published. Lots of things happened. I don't know the whole story and I am not really sure that I care much. She wrote a couple of stories I like okay, but nothing real special.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:46 am

Given showme's reaction to the book, maybe she should have taken the hint from her publishers and changed it. I haven't read it and maybe would love it, but it's unfortunate someone is letting one failure derail them. Or, no one will touch her work with a ten foot pole at this point and this is damage control.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:23 am

Fae, by her own admission, she seems to think that no publisher will touch her again. Doesn't mean that at some point she won't pick back up and go to self published books. Apparently, she spent a good bit of time blaming Amazon, just to find out that her publisher had never submitted the book to Amazon because they didn't think Amazon would accept it and didn't want the rejection. That pissed her off, apparently. Anyway, she said she was done with publishers so she was quitting.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:02 am

star A Token Of Time star

At 21% into the story, I am captivated. This story has a very slow start, to me. Really short on detail about what is happening. Every page, though, gives a little more detail. I am looking forward to every page now. It has taken me over a week to read this far. Hmmmmm.....right now I am hoping that others don't give up too soon.

ETA: Holy Hell! Read during a break. At 26% I was bawling! OMG.......! Another side of Ethan! I'm a little stunned.
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:00 pm

I got 5% in to Ethan's A Token of Time, and I'm already captivated. This is going to be a tear-jerker.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Dopple---It was slower for me. I just didn't get into it that fast, but...oh, boy!....I am into it now!

ETA: roflmao Ethan's back! There are some actual "fall out of your chair laughing" moments!
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm really enjoying it so far, which isn't very. But I'm still completely intrigued by this odd little situation Ethan has dreamed up.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 7:58 am

Dopple--On one of his blogs, he said he got the idea from the movie, Somewhere In Time. I loved that movie! Christopher Reeves! Damn he was a fine man. sigh

star A Token In Time star

This book had it's moments. It was really sad in places, intrigueing in places and laugh out loud funny in places. I never thought there was enough information about Zachary's family and why he had run in the first place. Just a little too vague. It seemed a little disjointed in places. Not enough information about Jonothan and Max. Then? The timeline seemed a little off. If Zachery was jumping exactly 50 years, why could Marc then jump 42 years to get back to Zac? All in all, though, it was a pretty good love story. Not something I would ever reread, and not even in the same class with At Piper's Point or his Wade and Boone books. Dani and Daniel wrote much, much better stories on their very first book. Sorry. Just my opinion, of course.

Last edited by 2shay on Thu May 10, 2012 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:37 am

I thought of Somewhere in Time while reading last night! I love that movie, can't even tell you how many times I've watched it. I hate the ending - why does THAT have to be their HEA? I still watch it when it plays on TV though, It's compulsive. I have to watch that damn movie!

star A Token of Time ~35% star

So far this is really good. Very different from anything else Ethan has written. This book has an actual honest-to-goodness plot outside of the romance. And it's so....mature. LOL
Zach-ree has arrived! The only thing that is bugging me so far is that he seems to have quickly gotten over Nick. And what about the death threat against Dave - why is he unconcerned about that?
I'm a little annoyed he didn't get more information about how everything worked and what he'd be walking into before he went. But then, he didn't think it would work!
And yes, it certainly has it's funny moments. I think when it comes to dialogue, Ethan can't help himself. The funny comes out. smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contemporary   Contemporary - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contemporary
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next