Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SearchHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH

Go down 
+3
FaeLadyFaye
Doppleganger
2shay
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Empty
PostSubject: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:38 am

As you all know Josh has kindly agreed to come and chat to us - on
SATURDAY APRIL 30th - 2pm (PDT) = 4pm (CDT) = 7am (SWT)... SwedeTime!!!
For now though you can start tabling any questions you may like answered . . . pirate

1. Did you coin the phrase "Dick Lit"? damn it was funny!!
2. Have you ever known a Jake? his inner conflict was just heartbreaking
3. Will we get any more Adrien and Jake - is there a Xmas one in 2012?
4. Loved Fair Game with Elliot and Tucker - anymore in this series? How many?
5. I know Petit Morts is a collaboration but do you know if we are getting more this year? any CHANCE? Wink
6. where in the UK were you born?
7. how do you find the time for all the fan stuff you manage to do?? and will you visit us again? bounce
8. Do you ever have a favorite character or duo?
9. Is it hard to say good bye to a series.. or do you never officially end a series?
10. Did you ever write any Jake POV's ? Loved the insight we got from interviews
11. Innie or Outie; intervention by serial killer; helluva day to stop drinking ... :snort: from "In A Dark Wood" - not questions! just funny!

Sorry but the questions were just getting tooooooooo numerous for me to list; plus Josh kindly stopped by and answered some .... So just keep adding if you like but be sure to just remember what you may have posted here, and just ask on the day
smile pirate

Last edited by SwedeLover on Sun May 01, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 22 times in total (Reason for editing : questions added)
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:56 am

Josh--I have to second Swede's question #1. Dick-lit? Did you coin that phrase? We love it.

I miss Adrien. Ahem.....I really miss Adrien. Will you please bring him back? Please? I have never begged for a character. PLEASE!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:58 am

... yes shay we want jake too smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:04 am

Just read Fair Game and really loved it! Dammit but I fall for every character you write! Tucker and Elliot were just great! Do you plan on any more with these 2 characters? I so want to know more about all the other characters in the book too!
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 10:39 am

Swede--Of course we would have to have Jake back. Adrien loves Jake. In fact, if I was literary dictator, I would just really want to see a whole series from Jake's pov. **tapping foot**

Josh--That was not a question for you. The question: How many books can we expect in the Holmes and Moriarity series? I laughed my butt off (well, not true...about my butt getting smaller :D ).
Back to top Go down
Doppleganger
Admin
Doppleganger

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:16 am

Do you have any idea how many times you made me cry reading the Adrien English books? ☀

Sorry, that one is rhetorical. I'll have real questions once I've had time to process.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:37 am

What Dopple said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 2:58 am

every book I read of yours I fall heavily for your guys - Griff, then Ethan and Michael in Petit Morts; Tucker and Elliot, Kit and JX, and of course Adrien and Jake - I have just started Dangerous Ground so yet to decide; but I am positive you will hook me again! do you ever have a favourite character or duo?
and is it hard to let go of a series? i want more and more Jake and Adrien, but understand that as an author maybe you have finished the journey with these characters as much as we may want them to go on, and on :albino: (duracell bunny!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 3:00 am

I have been looking at your Goodreads thread and your web site and blog, not that I'm stalkerish at all . . . heck at least I am in Australia, so you are safe..ish Wink and am staggered at how much time you devote to interacting with your fans! how do you find the time? and what are the chances of you coming to visit us once in a while after the chat??
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:48 am

Smooth, Swede. You aren't coming off like a fan-girl at all.
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:13 am

LOL@Swede! Hey, fan-girl, I am getting nearly as bad. I have read the blog, sent an email (which he answered,,,,squeeeee)and am working towards reading everything he's written. I have no trouble with a fav character, though....Adrien.....Adrien all the way. Kit is a very close second.
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:20 am

The pastry analogy works here too. How can you choose just one?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 1:29 pm

I am struggling to pick one! And am very obvious too... Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 7:35 pm

I absolutely adore my music - and i saw that you had a playlist for both Fair Game and The Dark Tide - are they still available on itunes? i found the list for Fair Game but cant find the Dark tide one anywhere anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
Josh

Josh

PostSubject: A quick hello from Josh   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Barb (not sure what her code name is!) mentioned that I probably ought to drop by the forum and check things out before our chat next month -- which I'm looking forward to, by the way -- so I did and HOLY MOLY. :-D One thing for sure, I don't have to worry about whether you've read the books or not. You're blazing through them like brush fire.

Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying the stories so much. I spoke to Jordan and she mentioned what a really terrific time she had hanging out with you all during her chat, so I know it'll be fun. For me anyway :face:

Anyway, thanks for inviting me. And I hope you continue to enjoy the stories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshlanyon.com/

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:19 pm

I am SwedeLover and just a tad excited to see you here! Can a "girl" be too old to squeal cheers
Back to top Go down
gracious-plenty
Admin
gracious-plenty

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:14 pm

cheers Swede cheers

Hi Josh and welcome bounce
We are really excited to have you over for a visit and I know most simply can not wait for the live chat. Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedule for us!!!
Back to top Go down
http://nikkisrandommusings.blogspot.com/
showmethelove
showmethelove

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi Josh. I'm in love with your Adrien English series. I can't seem to keep my mind off Adrien and Jake :D Thanks for coming by to say hi!

I'm squealing right along with you Swede bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FaeLadyFaye
FaeLadyFaye

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:12 pm

Well, I see your squeal and raise you a hand flap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:07 pm

:bball: Does a hand flap on a ball count as double ?

Ok.... Question time : did you write any POVs for Jake - I would love to read so much of the story through his eyes - when Adrien fainted in book 1; what he was going through at the end of bk 1 obviously hearing Bruce and Adrien "at it"; when he first saw Adriens scars; when he asked Chan to tell Adrien he was in hospital, but not to visit ; and his exact thoughts re: point of no return. When he was sitting in the car outside when Guy spotted him; god - so many great insights, we would love to get!
Back to top Go down
b4v

b4v

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:19 pm

This isn't really a question, but thought it was an interesting blog by Stacia Kane about m/m relationships in books and why she choose to pull her story from an anthology (wasn't sure where else to post this).

http://www.staciakane.net/2011/03/31/elder-griffin-is-gay/

I guess a question for Josh would be, are you surprised by how much your books appeal to readers outside the gay & lesbian community (for lack of a better way to frame my question)? Personally, I feel a good, well written story is a good, well written story, no more too it. I'm just glad that Swede here, recommended your books so highly and I found my way to them.

Are you finding the m/m aspect is becoming less of a big deal in terms of attracting new readers, or is it still pretty much as it's always been?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 12:28 am

Thanks for the link b4v... As I read LUL and the high level of sexual interaction I am left at a loss at wondering how this is not erotic ? Is it simply because it is male/female that it is still considered main stream ? Don't get me wrong - I love the brothers to bits but it just pisses me off that in this day and age people still have issues with male/male story lines - I love Jake and Adrien, Jactor, and every single Josh and Jordan couple I have read in this yuM/My literary journey I am on - and yes the sex and sexual tension is HAWT as HAWT can be, but...... It is the emotional side that really gets me and that has no gender distinction - the love is palpable, the funny lines are hilarious and Christ last night I cried my heart out after having read Wishink Well - I had to keep stopping to get my breath back, and this is a short story for Gods sake!! But I get so hacked off that just because a love story has 2 penises (yes i went there, cos we can do that here Twisted Evil ) it is immediately at a disadvantage in the marketing of it - damn I am tottering in the realms of a dew like post here! But paranormal romance or romance should be marketed and 'judged' on the romance or plot line and not on the sexual orientation of the romancer and romancee Wink <phew!!>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:42 am

Did a fan of yours really send you a kindle as a gift?? Wow!
And no Fae it wasn't me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
2shay

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:13 am

Swede--Barb, your post is brilliant. The way we all devour books, we would have discovered Josh and Jordan years ago if they were marketed better. Amoung other things, Josh has rekindled my love of mystery!

Josh, your characters seem so real. They are beautiful and flawed. And real.

I am looking forward to the next Dangerous Ground book. Not just for the romance, either. Although the way you have depicted the deep feelings of Will and Tay is enough reason to read them, their adventures are so much fun.

I also would beg.....beg, I say...for more Adrien and Jake. We are all pimping your books like crazy because you are the best. heart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 7:41 am

Seriously Shay I still have an inner girlie squeal when I see that Josh has posted on here! I stalk/follow his Q&A thingy on goodreads too and am really biting my tongue by not blabbing about him coming here for a chat ... But, really, do we want to share?
Ask Lisa, si / no ... Hell no!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH   ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANY QUESTIONS FOR JOSH
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next